Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Punks messing with your parked bike...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punks messing with your parked bike...

So I come home last night at nearly 3:00 am. Walking towards my apartment, a gentlemen from upstairs (on the balcony) asks if that is my bike parked in #3. Well of course its mine, he said some kids were climbing all over it today and that I should go check it out for damage. So I turn around and look at it...there is mud on the seat, tank, pegs, grips, and mufflers. I walk back and verify with him who these people are, and he even said they messed with his bike before.

I actually walk to their apartment at night, so happens they are still up partying.

So I walk up, and look into their apartment, two girls are standing outside 5 feet from me as i'm poking into their window. She just asks whats up, so I say, "Is that your bike parked in 3?". It was an apartment with a couple 20 year old guys chillin and these two chicks. I told them I knew somebody from here was messing with my bike, climbing on it, and got it muddy. She said she didn't do it (probably not), I don't know if she is stupid or rubbing it in, she said her friends were messing around near the river and fell in earlyer today.

I said, you can look at the bike whatever, just don't disrespect other peoples property. Its a ****ty reply and I would prefer to bring my shotgun to the kids face and say I will kill him if he ever touches my bike again.

So I lay in bed, 15 minutes after this, I here some voices, "....we better not touch his bike, hes probably watching right now..." So of course I have to get out of bed, get dressed, get pumped up for a confrontation...nah, they didn't mess with it this time.

So I am going to put my cover on 100% of the time it is parked and actually put a small lock on the cover (center grommets). Its probably all I can do besides parking the bike somewhere else in storage.

End Rant,
Ken

Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Default RE: Punks messing with your parked bike...

ORIGINAL: WhiteHawk

So I am going to put my cover on 100% of the time it is parked and actually put a small lock on the cover (center grommets). Its probably all I can do besides parking the bike somewhere else in storage.

End Rant,
Ken
y have u not done this till today? thats how mine is all the time. no one messes with it. most likely its the alarm. they walk close to it and it gose off and they get scared.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:15 PM

yeah thats the thing about living in an appartment. am happy to have a Sheriff 2 doors down. and then property owners are very picky and do background checks.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

End Rant,
Ken
y have u not done this till today? thats how mine is all the time. no one messes with it. most likely its the alarm. they walk close to it and it gose off and they get scared.
I'm learning from my mistakes.

Whoa, I just looked on eBay...Has anybody experience with the cheapo alarms they sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...94252034QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THOR-...00359541QQrdZ1

Old 04-01-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

End Rant,
Ken
I'm learning from my mistakes.

Whoa, I just looked on eBay...Has anybody experience with the cheapo alarms they sell?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...94252034QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THOR-...00359541QQrdZ1

not me but they look fine to me. i would try it out.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Thats why my bike is in my living room.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 PM

So I just bought this I searched, looks like somebody bought the same one and was happy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160100820010

Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
VP

installing an alarm is a bitch man good luck with that... i put remote start on my car when I was in high school and it took an entire day

Old 04-01-2007, 05:24 PM

I think you shouldn't leave it at only talking to the kid's friends...they need to get the idea (they obviously dont ride) how important a bike is to a rider...

Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i wonder if it would be illegal to electrify your seat so when someone sits on it without your permission they get electrocuted . i mean i would put up a sign saying that warning this bike protected by electruction touch @ your own risk. that way you CYA because yo warned them and they still did it anyways. i mean common who is really going to think a bike is electrified ! lol it would be funnier than **** to see punk *** people who dont listen get zapped . but thats just me

Quick Reply: Punks messing with your parked bike...