Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Punched a window

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Punched a window

Was at the head of traffic at a red light. I normally keep an eye on the mirrors so I saw the cab getting uncomfortably close. He wasn't coming at speed, just creeping along. So I turned fully around to stare at the cabbie for about 8 seconds. I turn my head back to check the traffic light / flow...

And suddenly have the front of the cab at my hip. He pulls completely even with me at the head of traffic, splitting my lane. I know he's going to do something really stupid when it goes green, aka try to beat me off the line. So I punch the **** out of his window with my throttle hand. He rolls down the window and asks "WTH?". And I lay into him yelling "WTF?", "WTH are you doing in my lane?" and "Do you want me to pull you outta that ****ing cage by your teeth?".

When the light turned green, he decided to let me go ahead. Then nobody in either lane would let him merge into traffic. The pedestrians (a lot since I was in the middle of campus) had a great laugh too

Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a lady today run through a right turn only lane and cut me off just to take a left into a gas station, I followed her, and Exploded.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Was at the head of traffic at a red light. I normally keep an eye on the mirrors so I saw the cab getting uncomfortably close. He wasn't coming at speed, just creeping along. So I turned fully around to stare at the cabbie for about 8 seconds. I turn my head back to check the traffic light / flow...

And suddenly have the front of the cab at my hip. He pulls completely even with me at the head of traffic, splitting my lane. I know he's going to do something really stupid when it goes green, aka try to beat me off the line. So I punch the **** out of his window with my throttle hand. He rolls down the window and asks "WTH?". And I lay into him yelling "WTF?", "WTH are you doing in my lane?" and "Do you want me to pull you outta that ****ing cage by your teeth?".

When the light turned green, he decided to let me go ahead. Then nobody in either lane would let him merge into traffic. The pedestrians (a lot since I was in the middle of campus) had a great laugh too
I take one of two things away from this story - No broken window so either -

A. you weren't wearing your gloves.

or

B. (and let me add I have a strong suspicion that it is indeed B.) That you punch like a girl Kuro.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM

Way to win friends and influence people! LOL

Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I take one of two things away from this story - No broken window so either -

A. you weren't wearing your gloves.

or

B. (and let me add I have a strong suspicion that it is indeed B.) That you punch like a girl Kuro.
Answer is C: I pulled my punch.

Scaring the **** outta him was better than me getting a claim on my insurance and charges for assault / destruction of private property.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Way to win friends and influence people! LOL
Of all the cagers I loathe, cabbies here in Philadelphia are the worst. They are far, far more dangerous that the ditziest teenager trying to facebook on an iPad while driving. Because at least the teenager has the iPad as a distraction for an excuse for their wreckless driving.

The cabbies here will stop dead, pull across 3 lanes of traffic and even go the wrong way down a 1 way street for a fare.

Last edited by Kuroshio; 09-23-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I'm going with you punch like a girl.

That being said it was a pretty stupid thing to do. Its quit easy for someone in a car to just run your *** over for punching their window... Just saying

Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM

p.s. The Eagles will suck it w/o #5

Old 09-23-2010, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
p.s. The Eagles will suck it w/o #5
The Eagles just suck.

But if you're a Texans fan Rojer - I hate you. I was at the Skins game last weekend. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.
And if you're a Dallas fan - well I hate you even more.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
The Eagles just suck.

But if you're a Texans fan Rojer - I hate you. I was at the Skins game last weekend. Horrible. Absolutely horrible.
And if you're a Dallas fan - well I hate you even more.
Oh I am a huge Texan fan. Season Ticket holder since 02 when we came out.

When I grew up the Oilers left us and with the Cowboys winning it was hard not to like them if you lived in Texas but it sure feels great to talk junk to real cowgirl fans about the BEATDOWN we are going to give them this weekend at home.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:01 AM

Don't the cabbies road rage there? Here they are bad drivers too. Its the rig workers in their jacked up and chipped deisel 4x4 trucks that try to drive them as if they were in the chase. I might fly over a cab, but these things are tall. And they are everywhere.

Quick Reply: Punched a window