Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

pullled over for the first time on the bike.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullled over for the first time on the bike.

a groupe of 6 of us were riding in another city the other night..just cruising around this really awesome mountain side..going about 37 when we saw the cop..(i thought the speed limit was 30) so i didnt think much of it..so he pulls all of us over..turns out the speed limit was 15..cop was super cool tho..i always try to show respect for them and if you are honest they let you go..and he did..he checked all of our lisences and insurance papers and told us to enjoy the ride..then one of my smart as$ friends decideds to ask him."what would you do if i just mooned the camera?" i was like..oh shlt..now you pissed him off[:'(] then he just kinda smiled and said "call you a redneck" then he just drove off.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Banned
Default RE: pullled over for the first time on the bike.

22 MPH over can be careless driving (if not reckless), good to hear you got lucky on that one.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:11 AM

Well that's good to hear, 15mph is pretty rare.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 AM

WOW! that was one cool cop. 15mph is unheard of here. 25 is the lowes besides scholl zones and that's 20mph during school hours. I love what the cop said to your buddy.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 AM

Lucky indeed as here double the speed limit is automatic court date. Although the guy probably realized that 15 was a bit slow for the road.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

I personally have never seen a posted speed limit of 15 mph. Were you in a parking lot? A private driveway? Was is a posted corner speed limit? Was it a blind or a deaf zone?

If it was in fact a posted 15mph stretch of road, I am guessing the cop realized you guy's were from out of town. I am sure it happens all the time if there is such a thing as a 15 mph road.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 AM

Honesty is the best policy when it comes to getting pulled over.. last time i got stopped on the bike i ended up talking to him about the guns they carried and if something were to happen how long it would take for a response team with "bigger" guns to get there.

But ive been pulled over at least 4-5 times on the bike and NEVER got 1 ticket... They mainly check to make sure your riding legit.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:18 PM

I got pulled over doing 74 in a 55. The cop knew me and my dad, he thanked me for stopping because apparantly, "there's no catching these things..."

Old 04-23-2008, 04:42 PM

i guess we were buy a park or something??he said all parks are 15 mph. i knew the campground about 1 mile ahead was 15..but i didnt know about the park..he was pretty cool..im guessing he just wanted to make sure we all had liscenses and insurance.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM

I get pulled over for the wierdest reasons, I swear cops just want to know what I'm doing or something. The best one yet happened back in July '07. I'm not a very good sleeper, so I stay up late and sleep light. I was having a hard time falling asleep this particular night, so I decided to go get gas in my bike at 12:30 in the morning because it was literally 80 degrees out. I put my stuff on and take off to the gas station. I come to a 4 way stop near my house and click the bike into neutral to switch songs on my Ipod. I'm stopped for a soild 10 seconds monkeying with my music, then proceed to take off. I get maybe 50 yds from the intersection and notice a set of head lights coming up on me really fast from seemingly no where, then the light bar comes on. I was a little amazed, but whatever...I pull over. The cop asks me what I was doing and I explain that I couldn't sleep and was just going for gas. He checks my ID and says he doeesn't need my registration. He explains he pulled me over because I didn't come to a complete stop at the intersection. I explain that I thought I had and appologized if it appeared that I hadn't, knowing that this guy is not stopping me because I failed to come to a complete stop. He goes onto explain that people walk their dogs at night and I need to be more careful.....remember its 1230 IN THE MORNING. I think it took everything I could muster not to start laughing and drop my helmet. He warns me to come to a complete stop in the future and takes off. I think he stopped me to make sure I wasn't drinking, but I will never know.

I think the most hair raising experience I had was on the freeway. It was a wide open stretch coming back from a neighboring town around 8ish in the evening. I was in full gear and feeling a little aggressive I gues you could say, so I made my way up through the group of cars I was in and opened it up. I saw the cop ahead of me on a motorcycle on the side of the freeway and hit my brakes HARD. He got me doing 80 in a 65...I was doing probably closer to 130 when I saw him. He pretty much said that since I was riding in full gear and appeared to know what I was doing that I wasn't a typical 21 year old assclown on a bike. He just asked me to slow down and to not push it when I am around town. Really nice guy, I ride the speed limit (roughly) in town now

Quick Reply: pullled over for the first time on the bike.