Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS3

Ok, it's a little different than the other post:
It's 4:30 am here central time and I just got back from walgreens...but not before I passed Best Buy. I saw about 30 tents set up with a bunch of boners huddled around a small bonfire in the parking lot. Sure, I can see waiting in line to spend $700 and turn around and sell that very same product a few hours later for $3-5k or more, but who in the hell buys this crap at those rediculous prices? I just checked Ebay and I saw pictures of some serious tools like a photo album. First pic they were in line camped out. Second pic they were in the store. Third pic they had their photo taken with the store clerk holding it. Then all other pics were receipts and more of them holding it in hand. I guess for "authenticity". Another clown on Ebay was selling "PS3" email accounts ie: littleps3@yahoo or whatever so sellers can turn around and sell their newly bought unit for extreme inflation very fast. Another was selling websites very similar to the emails.
Now, how big of an idiot are the buyers going to feel like 3 months from now when they're all over at retail stores going for MSRP? Even better, how are they going to feel 2 years from now when walmart and everyone else has them for $188 when 2 years before they spent 5 grand?
I picked up an XBox a few years ago at target. I walked in, said "how about an Xbox" then paid like $150 and happily walked out Hahahaha

Old 11-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: PS3

I know what you mean, I can wait. They are having problems with the PS3 anyways, right? Let the idiots pay thousands to be beta testers and we can buy the tested, working, bug free product in a year or six months.

I don't play my modded xBox anymore anyways... never have the time.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Banned

To wait on line for a toy is just plain dumb.

If you know anyone that is in one of those tents I want you to want over to him and kick him straight in the *****. Tell him to grow up and go out and try to get laid or something.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to remember there are people out there that wont miss the $10,000. Yeah to you or me it would be an issue, but if you make $1,000,000 a year and are single or not, thats a lot of money and $10K is just a drop in the bucket.

as far as the receipt thing, ebay tightened down on the restrictions for selling a ps3. you have to have a picture of the receipt as well as certain feedback and stuff. thats probably why the ebay accounts are being sold as well.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

you have to remember there are people out there that wont miss the $10,000. Yeah to you or me it would be an issue, but if you make $1,000,000 a year and are single or not, thats a lot of money and $10K is just a drop in the bucket.
People that make $1,000,000 a year aren't stupid enough to wait on a line for anything. People that make $200K+ are too busy to play games because they are trying to make $1M a year next year.

Video games are for kids.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 AM

On ebay 2 just went for ~9000.

Gotta remember you have all kinds of celebs and atheletes who just want one... they tell some guy get me one and I don't care what you have to pay. Right now it's a symbol... who has and who hasn't got the new systems. Probably will never get played.

So much for the kids who wanted one for christmas... no way I'm forking out $600 for one... let alone $9000.

Money makes crazy people crazier.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM

I still think noone is paying those amounts. The bidders run it up for the hell of it but do not intend to pay.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:07 PM

Ill take one and an xobox 360. I lke it all. But im not going to sit in a line and pay ridiculous prices. I will wait till Gran Turismo HD hits the shelves and I will be there.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Retired Moderator

There are technology snobs, like beer snobs, motorcycle snobs, etc. They have to have the latest and greatest when it first comes out. Think about things like computers, or plasma tvs, cell phones...I am guilty of paying full book on a razr phone, when you can now get them for like fifty bucks or maybe even free. I was willing to pay the price at the time, and so are these people. Are they a bunch of boneheads? Sure, but they got the stuff right now! Secretly, I'm envious and want to beat them up and take their toy.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:52 PM

on a side not, amazon will be selling 360 core systems at $100 a piece next thurs. i think i will go with that alternative.