Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Proactive

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proactive

Okay guys. I've been home for a little bit now things are just not falling into place. Hell, normally this time of year. I'm pushing you guys for the toys for tots drive. I just don't even feel like it at the moment and am just really venting. Not even really in the mood to talk, but I've got to be proactive. Or I'm going to end up depressed. It's hard to explain here are two cell phone photos for you to give you a clue what my last couple of weeks have been like

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Proactive

corp, We all appreciate everything you are doing for us and none of us will forget it. 99% of the world is a beautiful place. You've just been spending too much time in the remaining 1%. We've got your back brother.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Don't know whether that's the problem or not. There's not one day I wake up and don't think about Every One standing in harms way. While I'm laying on my ***. There's not one day that goes by, I don't say a prayer for those who don't have the opportunity to rotate out as often as I'm given the privilege

Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 PM

This is pretty common man. Ive seen alot of relatives pull through this same thing though. And I know you are strong and will be fine. Just give it time brother.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I cant even imagine the sh*t you have been thru, seen, and had to do. I guess the only advice i can think is what you did. Post up, talk to someone, even us faceless keyboard zombies. Just try to let it out somewhere, somehow, dont keep it pent up, or drive you down.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Understand what you're saying, and I will always be one of the biggest advocates for individual sitting down and confronting their demons and had been one of the individuals pushing others to get into meetings and am fully aware of the symptoms I truly believe that's not the problem. And. this is a long ways from my second or third trip to the pit and hell this one was short, very short. But it was a lot different in a lot of ways. I'm not disillusioned or bewildered, but somewhere in between and was very focused and decisive at one time. And had a clear perspective of what was what. But I can't say that's true at the moment

Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 PM

Welcome back corp.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If we are not evolving and growing we remain stagnant, humans are dynamic and the best minds in history never kept one ideal/focus throughout their lives. Sounds like you in that in between part of your life where the past meets the future. A difficult stage to be sure but a necessary one for anyone to advance. No doubt you will make the most of whatever the next stage is HC.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Friend and Hero ...

KB that sound philosophy, backed up with real-world facts and it sure sounds like a paraphrase of something. I studied but can't put my finger on , whose doctrine... KB Bachelors degree in philosophy?

Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love philosophy and would've majored in it if I could have figured out a way to make it useful in the real world .. so to answer your question I didn't major in philosophy but I am a qualified b.s. artist j/k [8D] I used up just about every one of my electives in college on philosophy courses and read everything I could get my hands on.

Honestly, while what I wrote may subconsciously have come from a doctrine, or combination of philosophical view points I've read in the past, I wrote it in direct response to your post without any outside influence.

We should always strive and actually embrace changing ideologies in our lives as it rounds us out to be more balanced imo .. which in turn further strengthens and builds on our own core belief system.