Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

pretty bummed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pretty bummed

i went out and had an absolute blast today w/ two friends just cruising some of my favorite local roads. on the way home we get stuck in accident traffic and decide to wait it out. after they let traffic slowly filter through, we see that its a motorcycle accident. immidiately you get that knotted feeling in your stomach. a '07 R1 was lying against a guardrail w/ two helmets on the ground........a little further up was a suzuki completely mashed in. while we were in the traffic a ambulance transported someone, and medivac landed and took another.

found out that down the road from my house last night, a neglegent driver killed a newly married couple on a '04 R1. i just saw the pics online and it makes my stomach turn. they ended up hitting a car right in the driverside door

i dont mean to bring everyone else down. but if you've ever been in a motorcycle accident, you see these things and you are just speechless. you know the sounds, the crunch, the grinding, sliding......the feeling of hitting a fixed object, it makes you feeldifferent when you seeor hear about a accident.im just speechless.

RIP to the couple from last night, and im hoping the people from today can pull through whatever injuries they've sustained. im waiting on the story from the recent one.....

Old 10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pretty bummed

R.I.P

I know that feeling. I commuted a lot and would see downed bikes all through out the bay. Hard image to bear. Its always a reminder toRIDE DEFENSIVELY. The guy you thought saw you, proabably didnt...

My dad's best friend was rear ended on his bike about a year ago. He was knocked down a 60ft embankment shattering both legs, breaking ribs, collapsed his lung, and so on. He had to have both legs amputated.

He remembers after being hit, and being on the bottom of a cliff, the guys that hit him, LOOKED DOWN THE SIDE, and LEFT HIM FOR DEAD. No joke.
He climbed far enough up the bankment to throw pine cones into the road, til a passerby saw him. Sounds like a movie, but def. a true story.
He is a reminder some people dont care what happens to your fellow man.

On a second Note I read this article and it shows how some people feel about the next guy on a bike...

Well, yesterday I wrote a piece entitled “Share the road, not my lane.” It was about how a car pulled across the center line–directly into my path–as he was passing a bicycle. I won’t go into more specifics; if you ride you know it all already.
Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning and found that more than 2,000 people had read that post so far and there were six comments. And more surprisingly, three of the six were hostile toward motorcycles and motorcyclists. Two were favorable and the sixth was more neutral.
One of the hostile comments was the sort of thing you just blow off and ignore:
[blockquote]
You should cry more.[/blockquote]
The woman who was neutral had this to say:
[blockquote]
True, but you have to keep in mind how often those of us in cars see motorcyclists zip between us, riding the line on the highway. Maybe they guy just thought, “Well, they do it all the time, why can’t I?” I’m not defending his actions as they were very reckless.[/blockquote]
Then, there were these:
[blockquote]
Sure thing douchebag, but make sure you don’t share my lane the next time there’s a red light and a line of traffic that you really want to sidle past, m’kay?[/blockquote]
[blockquote]
And what are you going to do about it when someone does? And another thing, with the engine cooling excuse ready at hand when you pass huge traffic jams, you cannot expect to be taken seriously when you claim that your personal space corresponds with traffic conditions, because basically, that is what you are saying. When guys like you behave normally in traffic jams, normal people will begin to show you some respect, or at least, stop hating your guts.[/blockquote]

Old 10-11-2008, 06:44 PM

^ that is one amazing story....and im sure he's thankful for every breath he takes!

when i struck the deer i was IN THE ROAD....and had 3 vehicals slow....look....then take off. 1st to stop....a fellow biker.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:41 PM

R.I.P to those two. it is sad when we lose fellow riders.

One of my best friends and great rider was pushed off the road by someone that wasn't paying attention. i was about 1/4 mile behind him. thank god that he didn't die but after both legs broken, his left arm broken and 4 broken ribs and about a year of rehab. he hit a guard rail the bike was deflected into traffic hit by 2 cars lucky he just slid along the rail. not only did that change my stile of riding but opened my eyes to how stupid people are out there. this was about 4 years ago by the way but he is back up and riding still. i know i am very very thankful for everyday i wake up in the morning and sense my wife and i ride we are both very carefull out there.

To everyone watch yourself out there and i will keep there family's in my prayers.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd
when i struck the deer i was IN THE ROAD....and had 3 vehicals slow....look....then take off. 1st to stop....a fellow biker.
When me and my ex-wife had our wreck in austin we actually had cars behind us HONK b/c we wernt getting the bike out of the road fast enough. No-one stopped it kinda PO'd me pretty good to the point where i came within a hair of slinging my helment through a windshield of one lady who kept repeadly honking yelling hurry up hurry up.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:49 PM

^ thats rediculous, brother. glad you two were ok. i think i remember the post actually.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

^ thats rediculous, brother. glad you two were ok. i think i remember the post actually.
Yeah it sucked. Im glad your wreck turned out ok also. Could of been worse and yeah man Im a firm believer in gear, it is what enabled us to walk away...my fav demotivational poster is the Gear b/c walking away in disguest beats riding away in an ambulance.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:43 AM

txn i dont see how u kept your helmet in your hand.. i woulda tryed to throw it threw the windshield to knock that a hole out.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:06 AM

Well it was hard to keep my cool man, id already Spiked it on the road after i went down. it calmed me down some, if i hadnt of spiked it it would of went right through her window

Quick Reply: pretty bummed