Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Press "2" for english

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Press "2" for english

Met up with a buddy yesterday at a gas station, and saw this as I was filling up. Gotta love south Florida! One of the many reasons I couldn't wait to move away from here

Name:  DSC03900.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  71.1 KB

Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Press "2" for english

i hate that! The add is directed to the illegals, english speaking americans get the smaller print. LAME!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:32 AM

This has always been a pet peeve with me. If I go to another couuntry, I don't expect english to be an option (even though it is a lot of the times). If I were going to live in another country, then I would certainly try to learn their language.

But for Enlish to be a secondary though - that is just plain unamerican!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 AM

^^^^^I totally agree!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 AM
RCR

Yep were letting our country slip away from our core values. Politically correct needs to go away.

I know this thread will get locked or deleted but if this is the "American dream" for the people coming to America why don't they try to learn the commonly used language?.

I go to my coffee shop every morning and Im amazed at some people cant even say "2 plain" when ordering their donuts they just point at everything. Point at the plain donut and hold up two fingers and point at the coffee and the girl has to go to the cups and act like a game show model and wave her hand in front of the cups until he shakes his head yes for the medium size.

As for the fast food joints the is no problem because all of the employees are Hispanic so thats all you here is spanish.

Some days I so want to move from Southern California but I refuse to and will stand my ground and voice my opinion and do my part to not accept this take over from our bordering country.

This is no way in a racist manner so that can be tossed out the window, its more like if I moved to Italy I would learn Italian, Sure I wouldn't be fluid at it for quit some time but I know I would be trying very hard. Oh and I would do it through the proper channels to become a citizen not just show up and never leave.............Arrivedercci...........Ciao..... ..

Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 AM

http://groups.google.com/group/engla...0036fb5384c43c

Check out what Australia's prime minister is all about. This should be an American stance.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 PM

notice the CHEVRON logo...

You in my country, you speak my language. I dont go visiting other countries and expect to be treated like i need everything translated. espeically because im from america and the world hates americans. Well i aint so fond of illegal punks coming and sucking our resources we dont even have! wow...sorry, that just came out. oh well!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 PM

We are on the verge of loosing Southern California as well. It is a shame that America is the only country in the world that refuses to protect their borders. The Mexican government has an organized plan to repatriot the southern U.S. which directly threatens the sovernity of our country and yet our elected officials refuse to do anything about it. It is even more appaling that the major presential candidates are pandering to the illegial aliens and fighting over who will give them more of our money and drivers licenses first.

When did it become politically incorrect to protect a country that took our forefathers 232 years to build?

Old 02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Miami before the latins was just a place for old jews to wait to die, the drug money that was brought in by the Cubans and South Americansreally helped bring that town alive. I dislike the use of a foriegn language in most places in the U.S., but the improvements that have happened in Coconut Grove and South Beach makes it worth it.

The way I see see it, I can order beer, find the library, and tell the window she is very pretty in spanish, so I am cool with it

Old 02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

IF YOU GOT HATE IN YOUR HEART.....let it out. Whitepower

Quick Reply: Press "2" for english