Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Praying for a Safe Recovery.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Praying for a Safe Recovery.

Friday afternoon Sean Joy (a good friend and riding buddy of mine) was on his way to work. He was sitting behind a car at a red light, when some cager in another car rearended him. He was on his 06 CBR 1000 RR that was only a week old. She clamed she didnt see him or the car that was infront of him. Thus impacting Sean at approximatly 45 MPH. When he got sandwiched he was thrown over the front car and landed in the middle of the intersection on his head, breaking his kneck and three vertabrea. As well as some internal bruising and a few other broken bones. He however does not have any spinal cord damage and is expected to walk again. Actually, according to him, he is expected to ride again. And yes he loved the RR and is going to go get the exact replica of it. Well maybe an 07. He was wearing a KBC helmet, other wise i am sure that I would be going to a funeral right now instead of to the hospital. All I am asking you guys is please watch your rearview mirrors and give yourself an out in this situation. I dont want to hear any more stories like this, considering the circumstances I think he got out very lucky.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Default RE: Praying for a Safe Recovery.

you knao i do watch my back side when iam at a light some times i don't know if it would do any good if someone is going that fast.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:28 PM

and i do wish him well. it should not be like this but people just will not see you some times.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God 's blessings, healing, and comfort... to all involved, even the cage driver. Thats a horrible wieght to carry, for life. We'll keep Sean in our prayers... Clean and free, ripp'n

Old 08-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Rippn... sometimes I don't understand your posts, but this time you said it very well. My best to Sean and all involved.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:48 PM

i'll pray for a speedy recovery as well...

Old 08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i know how u feel a friend of mine was on the freeway and there was an accident and he was @ a dead stop and a woman hit him doing 80 mph he was in ICU for about a month. my friend ended up recovering but never got back on his 929, i hope sean makes a full recovery and is able to put this tradgedy behind him.. my prayers are with him abd his family

Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 PM

Sounds like he has the right attitude. 50% of recovery is all about the will to get better.

My prayers are with him and his family

Old 08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Retired Admin

Never good to hear about accidents like that, always good though to hear about the recovery efforts and the mind set of the rider. Bad stuff happens in life...accidents happen in life.....its hard to simply hold blame for someone, that wont make things better....so all my efforts toward this will be for his safe recovery!

Old 08-13-2006, 10:07 PM

Body will heal from those wounds but do it right.Dont rush it and do all the physicall therapy.He will come back stronger.Youth is a wonderful thing.God bless..

Quick Reply: Praying for a Safe Recovery.