Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Prayers Needed... Please.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prayers Needed... Please.

Your prayers are needed for a fellow rider folks, my friend Brett was struck by a car while riding his Gixxer 600 head on traveling roughly 55mph. The car traveled over the double yellows and struck him doing 55mph as well, the driver was a 16 year old driver with her permit, she is now traumatized by the incident. After striking Brett, the car slid off the road and struck a tree, the bike shattered into pieces no bigger then a dollar bill and the frame was no bigger then a softball... This man is beyond lucky to be alive... He's currently in a drug induced coma in order to speed up the healing... Brett broke his Femer, Both Lower Leg Bones (Name?), Both Fore Arm Bones, Pelvis and his C3 Vertebra.

For those located in the North East (CT Particularly) there will be a benefit ride in the next few months to raise money for his family, they're unsure if he will ever be able to work again and will have alot of expenses. Please prey for him...

Old 05-12-2009, 10:57 AM

Prayers are on the way for both involved in the accident.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM

dumbass b*tch. immature kids including most 16 year olds dont deserve huge responsibilities ESPECIALLY not a damn car. i'm sorry for what happened. that really sucks

Old 05-12-2009, 11:09 AM

"Tibia" is the leg bone.

But on the more serious note, prayers are on the way. That is an absolutely amazing survival story. Did you get insurance pictures (of the bike, of course)? Those would be really sobering and mind-blowing to see.

We all remember being mad about having to wait UNTIL we're 16 to drive, but now we're older and look back how young and immature 16 year olds really are, and it just boggles the mind that the state lets them get behind such a massive death machine, ESPECIALLY at speeds that high. IL had a vote up about 10 years ago to raise it to 21, but it got voted down.

I understand that making your kid wait that long is a massive inconvenience on the parents, but isn't your child's life (and secondarily, everyone else's) more important than personal convenience?

When I got my motorcycle endorsement I was 29, and the FIRST thing I realized was this in no way means I'm ready to head out onto the highway. I was scared to death of the thing, and carted around the side streets quit several hundred miles before I was comfortable enough in my abilities to hit higher speeds. You just don't have that kind of introspection at 16. I know I sure didn't.

Last edited by johnnyx; 05-12-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
dumbass b*tch. immature kids including most 16 year olds dont deserve huge responsibilities ESPECIALLY not a damn car. i'm sorry for what happened. that really sucks
You were 16 once... but that's no excuse for her. Sounds like, since she was on her permit, she wasn't ready for the open road. Her parents should've known better.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
"Tibia" is the leg bone.

But on the more serious note, prayers are on the way. That is an absolutely amazing survival story. Did you get insurance pictures (of the bike, of course)? Those would be really sobering and mind-blowing to see.

We all remember being mad about having to wait UNTIL we're 16 to drive, but now we're older and look back how young and immature 16 year olds really are, and it just boggles the mind that the state lets them get behind such a massive death machine, ESPECIALLY at speeds that high. IL had a vote up about 10 years ago to raise it to 21, but it got voted down.

I understand that making your kid wait that long is a massive inconvenience on the parents, but isn't your child's life (and secondarily, everyone else's) more important than personal convenience?

When I got my motorcycle endorsement I was 29, and the FIRST thing I realized was this in no way means I'm ready to head out onto the highway. I was scared to death of the thing, and carted around the side streets quit several hundred miles before I was comfortable enough in my abilities to hit higher speeds. You just don't have that kind of introspection at 16. I know I sure didn't.
Great post!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 PM

No pictures yet that I can get my hands on, the kid that was riding with him Joe is traumatized as well after seeing it happen...

Thanks for the prayers folks, the family will be happy to hear that more people are behind them.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
yea no offence.... this is not the reason he is posting, Im sure you learned to drive a car when you were 16, accidents happen.

Tibia/Fibia = leg bones theirs two of em
Radius/Ulna= Wrist/Arm
Humerous= Upper arm

Best wishes both sides. Let us know when you will do those rides I have a few buddies here in NY that will come over.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nessxp
yea no offence.... this is not the reason he is posting, Im sure you learned to drive a car when you were 16, accidents happen.
Agreed.

All my best wishes to Brett!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:35 PM

55 and 55mph? thats over a 100mph collision...damn

best wishes to that bro

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prayers Needed... Please.