Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Practicing some moves...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Practicing some moves...

Warning: I'm shirtless because I'm hot and tired from doing some hardcore practicing, so give me a break =P. Let me know what you think, this is what i can do after about a week of learning stuffs from watching the pros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuw4J46MnZg

Old 05-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Default RE: Practicing some moves...

Good start break dancing has always looked fun, but since im dancing impaired ill stay away...

Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

linkin park isnt breakdancing music...arent you supposed to be listening to 80's freestyle? just teasing, keep it up, soon you'll be doing all those crazy windmills and what-not

Old 05-11-2007, 04:21 AM

Haha, yeah its what i like to listen to when i ride and whatnot so it was on the playlist i was listening to =P. I'm not even really dancing to it...

Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 AM

What was that? For a secondI thoughtI was going to watch a video of you trying wheelies on your bike with no shirt on. I was going to call you a squid but I don't know what to say anymore... Keep it up??...

Old 05-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Well well well we have a Bboy in the house! (I wasn't listening to the music, but Linkin Park?lol) J/K, anything with a break-beat is fine.

In my day (about 5+ years ago) I was in a crew, that's actually where "K0NPHL1C7" came from (It evolved from Bboy Conflict, which was my 'floor' name') I had some pretty good moves, I mean certainly were not pro, but we were on par with any other crew in Maine. Called ourselves "Subconscious Rhythm†and we used to get comped into clubs all over the state to dance, it was pretty sweet. Used to battle "Quad City Motion Pro" on a regular basis (Crew from Augusta

you really should try to perfect your Top-rock a little bit before youget too far into the 6-step andpower moves. I mean windmills and flares are cool and all, but if you can't top-rock and drop into them they are meaningless.

You seem to have the basis of 6-step down, My suggestion would be start with some top-rock, and try to drop into your 6-step, and then try to come out of it in a stand-up pose. If you can do that in a nice, fluid motion, then everything else can sort of stem from that. The whole goal is to be as fluid as possible, because the momentum your body builds while stepping in a circle is what powers you through power-moves(physics), the more seamless your fundamentals, the more momentum, the easier to do mills, flares, turtles....
All in all though, pretty good for a couple weeks.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the tip kon!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:01 PM

Wow, I can't believe I clicked that link.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 PM

hey KON, you got any videos?

Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM

I don't but a friend of mine has a few from a while back. Not sure if he's figured out how to upload them to the PC yet (Yes, they are VHS, lol) I will hit him up on Myspace and try to get something. like I said, nowhere near pro, but I could up-rock and drop, decent 6-step w/ variations.

I had a decent little combo I would exploit the hell out of. Up-rock to cross-legged drop, 6-step into 2mills, 1 flare, turtle, repeat. I could go for ever doing that combo to. Hell I could probably still do it...Hmmm...I may try to make a video for you all......

Quick Reply: Practicing some moves...