Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Practice for skills test?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Practice for skills test?

I'm going to take my skills test in a couple weeks to get by Class M liscense in Missouri. What all is on the tests? I assume most states use a similar test, what all did you guys have to do?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Logan

Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Default RE: Practice for skills test?

hmm... can't really remember what i had to do... it was a while ago when i took my test (9 years ago). i think i had to weave in & out of some cones though. i'm sure some other members who took it recently can help out more than i can

Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM

already a thread about this somewhere. But for the ridden you have to weave in and out of some cones that are preety close together, stop in a box at 15 mph, take a 90 deg turn, and make a tight u-turn..I think thats it. The written was just basic rider and bike knowledge, also some scenario questions, and group riding questions. I took mine in Phoenix Arizona so it may diifer where you live. GL though, ohh you also get three tries I think.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:01 AM

Three tries meaning you can take the test on 3 different days?

Old 03-24-2006, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Trueblood22

Three tries meaning you can take the test on 3 different days?
Yes, and if you fail the third time, they proclaim you too retarded to ride a motorcycle!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 AM

3 Times. Is that for the written or the rideing part of the test?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Retired Administrator

There's no limit in Ohio... you can fail as much as you like. Have you taken the written yet? Brush up on all the things cbr04 said and add laws to it. You have to know DUI laws, things like bikes take as much stopping distance as a car/truck.... you can read bumps in the road at night by watching the tail lights of the car in front of you... know if your state allows lane splitting/ riding side by side with another bike. I'm thinking... hard to remember. The thing I remember was DUI laws.... cause I didn't know any of them. I was asked the jail time and max fines for first and second DUI. Who the hell cares... all you need to know is don't do it.

The skills test: If you plan on taking a rider safety course, it replaces your skills test in most states. But it's difficult because most don't practice the slow stuff. The slow 90 degree turn, stop quickly at 15mph within a certain distance without sliding. The weave through cones is a joke on our bikes. They also do a mini inspection on your bike, lights horn, tires, and mirrors and so on. So make sure you're up to speed.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:59 AM

Someone had told me that if i take the msf class that they will let you use thier bike on the test. This is in Minnesota is this true in other states.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:21 PM

I took mine in Northwest Arkansas and it was a joke. The written was common sense and the skills test was go down between two cones make a sharp U turn within two more cones and then stop abruptly going about 15 miles an hour. That is it. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:41 PM

wish the california one was that easy.. we have to go around in a circle. there are 2 lines that make up the circle and you have to go around it with out your bike leaving the lines.. i've practiced it a few times and am going to have to take the msf class.. 200$

Quick Reply: Practice for skills test?