Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Post-Surgery, All Clear! Yay!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post-Surgery, All Clear! Yay!

Went in for my final post-surgery checkup for my left arm (shattered Nov '06 in a motorcycle v/s deer, one botched surgery, another good surgery, lotsa healing). Anyway, surgeon takes a look at my final x-rays, says I'm all good and that he considers this surgery to be a home run as some other surgeons had said that my arm wasso effed up after the first surgery it couldn't be fixed. Then he looks at my full leathers and helmet and says "I wouldn't be doing my job as your doctor if I didn't say this--Stop riding motorcycles. You're a nice guy, butI really don't want to see you again--so please stay off bikes" My reply? "Thanks for the concern Doc, but that ain't gonna happen." ****, I've been riding for 27 years now, and that is my only hospital worthy accident? I'd say that's damn good odds. And, now that I'm off"limited physical activity" I can finally get my *** back into shape...haven't been able to do a pushup, lift a weight, or ride the mountain bikefor 19 months. I am a happy Jack.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Default RE: Post-Surgery, All Clear! Yay!

awesome!!! Congrats on the perfect heal up

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 AM

Good to hear man. It's sucks being hurt and not being able to work out. I was not able to life for like 3 weeks when I colapsed my ribs and it sucked ***-I felt weak. They told me not to lift for 6 weeks, but I do what I want and don't stop for much. That's crazy that the Doc told you to stop riding, but he proly see's bike wreck victoms all the time.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 AM

[sm=happy046.gif]good to hear! Is the bike as ready as you are?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

Good to hear man. It's sucks being hurt and not being able to work out. I was not able to life for like 3 weeks when I colapsed my ribs and it sucked ***-I felt weak. They told me not to lift for 6 weeks, but I do what I want and don't stop for much. That's crazy that the Doc told you to stop riding, but he proly see's bike wreck victoms all the time.
Hell, even if I had wanted to lift, I couldn't have. My forearm was so misshapen after the first surgery it was ridiculous. Had a 30 degree bend, plus 90 degrees of twist. Turns out that 10 months after surgery it was still not healed, and even the stainless plate in my arm was broken. Yeah, that's right,the hardware itself was snapped inside my arm...not pleasant. And of course this dumbass put 15,000 miles on bikes withan arm like that last year...no wonder it hurt to ride.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

[sm=happy046.gif]good to hear! Is the bike as ready as you are?
CBR always was/is--I hit the deer on my Monster. Rebuilt it over the '06-'07 winter, then proceeded to blow the transmission being a damn hooliganlast summer...I'm now in the market for a new(used) 900cc engine to upgrade the beast.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:20 AM

Well, that's kinda good to hear I guess. Hows that sweet car doin? I've only seen one image of it and it looked amazing!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 AM

Congrats on the healing. Watch out for those pesky deer.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Well, that's kinda good to hear I guess. Hows that sweet car doin? I've only seen one image of it and it looked amazing!
Name:  Photo0089.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  66.7 KB
Name:  Photo0086.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  64.4 KB

There you go, the newest pics I've got. It still has some flat finish right now, I'm waiting a couple of months for the paint to totally dry soI can wet-sand and semi-clear the whole works. It won't be reflective, but it will be shiny...shimmery? It'll look like polished & anodized metal, you know what it looks like. The front bumper is stripped and I'm polishing it now too, once it's a mirror finish I'll clear it to keep it from rusting. Bad news is I pulled the interior to reupholster everything, and found massive cancer in the floors. So I Flintstoned the **** out of it and I'm in the process of putting fresh metal back in. Always something...
Name:  Photo0104.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  45.3 KB

Anyway, it's nice out and I'm going for a ride.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Damn, that's gonna be some time getting that floor set up. Will be nice to have that outta the way when your done. Man those rims sure do make that car what it is. Looks sweet, even if she is Flintstoned out. Just some extra AC right

What's under the hood? Original power or something newer?

Quick Reply: Post-Surgery, All Clear! Yay!