Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

possibly moving

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default possibly moving

so i possibly maybe might be moving to florida within the next few weeks...pembroke pines (or something like that) to be exact...long story short, i broke up with my ex gf, and have been depressed and kinda just watching life go by (i know that losing someone you love shouldnt be a reason to just roll over and die like that, but its been really tough on me) i helped my buddy move down there a month ago, and he knows my whole situation, and he was telling me, "**** it bro, you've got nothing to lose, the change in scenery would probably be good for you"...which is probably completely true...its such a huge decision for me ,im VERY close to my family and all of them live in the chicago, andmilwaukee area...its not 100% right now...its closer to 80-85%...it sounds crazy to myself when i think, "wow, you're just gonna pack up some cloths and move to another part of the country where you have no family, and you'll be staying with the only person you know down there"...i have no idea where this post is going, i just wanted to let it out somewhere, because i havent told anyone in my family because im not 100% yet...

Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: possibly moving

So sorry to hear about your situation. I went through something similar a few years ago. I say go for it! I went from WA to Cali and then to Vegas. Helped me out alot. Good luck on your decision.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Do it, it is so refreshing to be in a new scene. I did it five years ago and have no regrets. Sorry to hear about the Betty....

Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Registered Users

now i will start by saying i am not advocating either...just some useful insight....

it's hard to make life changing decisions like this....to do so under "extreme" circumstances rarely work out well....if you decide to do it...do it for the right reasons...that you truly want to start anew somewhere else...the biggest problem with decisions like this, is that you aren't doing it for you really....you're doing it to escape what's around you....when you try and "escape"....it most likely won't work out only because you'll regret leaving once that initial pain is gone....

hmmm...let me try and say this better....the pain will subside.....you will not be happy with yourself if you moved for the sole purpose of making that pain easier for the short term....after all....what you are considering will likely be long-term....you need to make this decision absent her....make it for yourself....

doing anything rash to just try and quell the pain quickly usually doesn't work....you usually think back, after it's long gone, and wonder why you let that person or thing change your whole life....was it worth it? then you get more angry....

now that being said...if you think this whole pain you are feeling is a greater wake-up to how you feel about life, go for it.....

bottom line....you need to do this because of you....not because you want to escape crap you are feeling now, because that will eventually subside.....if you leave everyone just to escape it, you'll live to regret it....if you do it because you want to, you'll have no regrets....just make sure to think about your motives behind what your contemplating.....

Old 10-15-2007, 04:40 PM

im not trying to run away from my problems, or anything like that...i am doing it for myself, like i said, im in a rut right now, nothing i do seems to be working here, so thats why im considering the move, the only reason im skeptical about it is cuz my whole family lives here, and i know how hard its going to be not to see them whenever i want...thanks for the responses so far guys, and thanks stinky fingers for letting me see another side to it, i never looked at it that way

Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered Users

like i said...not advocating either...just trying to give you both sides...and just for the record, i was not assuming you were running...

i just know when you are close to your family and friends...leaving them behind for the wrong reasons will really hurt you later....not to mention hurt them....families and friends know when you are doing things for yourself and when you're not....if you do it for yourself...they'll understand and you'll be happy....you do it for the wrong reaons....they'll be hurt and you'll kick yourself later....

either way....it's a tough choice man....wish you the best in figuring it out....if you do or don't, we have to ride together at least once....just name the time and place....

Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Retired Moderator

Fingers speaks wisdom mang. People make these type of choices all the time right after a major event in their lives whereas they would've made a different choice if given time to see things more clearly. Decision is yours but generally speaking people make bad choices when making life changing choices while under duress. When the pain subsides you may or not feel the same way but that's a much better time to make a crucial decision like this imo. Whatever your decision, Good Luck.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM

I recently had the same situation, not about moving, but with the horrid graces of women. It is definitely a life changing experience and will more than likely change who you are, forever; I know it has had that effect on me. If you don't have anything major holding you back such as school or work, I say go for it. If I could pack up and leave I would. Your family is there which is a good point, but you can always go back to that. Its never a bad thing to get out in the world and explore what the possibilities it offers are.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I recently had the same situation, not about moving, but with the horrid graces of women. It is definitely a life changing experience and will more than likely change who you are, forever; I know it has had that effect on me. If you don't have anything major holding you back such as school or work, I say go for it. If I could pack up and leave I would. Your family is there which is a good point, but you can always go back to that. Its never a bad thing to get out in the world and explore what the possibilities it offers are.
+1

Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator

When I read your post, I though, what a cool idea. I am in the minority, apparently. I love the idea of picking up and starting new. It would be lonely at first, but you still have us...hahaha (like that is life fullfilling). Anyway, you might be making a great decision to move. Do a lot of research about the area (not just take your friend's word for it). Check out their chamber of commerce website, and google the city, etc. Make yourself that old fashioned pros and cons list after you've done your research, and see how it adds up...good luck, brother!

P.S. Seems like you couldmake a lot of money off the retirees in the area!!! [sm=pimp.gif]

Quick Reply: possibly moving