Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Possible RC1000v?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the retro RC51-ish paint/wing design. Its a nice tie-in to heritage.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by raylee
People are speculating that it's going to be between $30,000 to $100,000.

sweet, at least 3x what any other jap bike costs new.... i know it's cool, but damn, i hate seeing bikes become a desmosedici type deal. i mean, if it really is going to cost $30k, and is going to be as race ready as a honda can be (for crt) - why put lights on it in the first place?

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I really like the retro RC51-ish paint/wing design. Its a nice tie-in to heritage.

totally agree.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
sweet, at least 3x what any other jap bike costs new.... i know it's cool, but damn, i hate seeing bikes become a desmosedici type deal. i mean, if it really is going to cost $30k, and is going to be as race ready as a honda can be (for crt) - why put lights on it in the first place?
i have to agree with you here, i would understand it costing more than the blade, but for $30k...id much rather buy a new sti.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sjona2011
i have to agree with you here, i would understand it costing more than the blade, but for $30k...id much rather buy a new sti.
Sti's are absurdly priced at $30k. I'd rather buy a low milage c6 corvette for that much money.

The new honda will cost desmo money because its the same thing- a extremely limited production, all out tour de force of their technology and performance. If it costs you 10 million to produce and you only sell 10 bikes then they have to be at least a million a piece or you loose money. Why did they put headlights on and make it road legal? Because every honda head who has ever heard about it has dreamed and wished they would do exactly that. Is it way more expensive then most people can afford? For sure. But at least there is a possibility you can own and ride one on the street. Try that with a rc213v.