Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is it possible????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:24 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible????

is it possible to get a minor heart attack from looking through your window and seeing your father making a turn right by your bike, but so close that in your mind you can see her falling. it had to be at the most 1-2 inches away, maybe even closer.

the moment i looked, i started to sweat, a lot, than i opened my big mouth and cursed him out. he didnt take it lightly, but in my defense, i was going out of my mind. from there i experienced shortness of breath and now a light pain to the right of my heart, i think.

would you chew out your father for something like that???
and is it possible to have a heart attack for something like that.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:35 PM

Its not a heart attack.. i am going to guess you had anxiety about him hitting your motorcycle? If so.. Read
Stress and Chest Pain: Stress Affects Health, but Your Chest?

Its common to get chest pain and shortness of breath when you get stressed or have anxiety.. If it happens again tho.. I would see a doctor...

Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
would you chew out your father for something like that???
and is it possible to have a heart attack for something like that.

Yes I think so. and yes you can "ask" him not to come so close to your bike.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Its not a heart attack.. i am going to guess you had anxiety about him hitting your motorcycle? If so.. Read
Stress and Chest Pain: Stress Affects Health, but Your Chest?

Its common to get chest pain and shortness of breath when you get stressed or have anxiety.. If it happens again tho.. I would see a doctor...
DFB is right, I was an EMT and seen this a lot. Have taken a lot of people to the hospital for anxiety, which mimics the affects of a heart attack, somewhat. As long as there wasn't any numbness in your left arm.

But yeah, I would have a heart attack too if someone did that near my bike. And being that it was your own father, he should have known better. I would have screamed at my father if he did the same thing.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Yeah.. They taught us about Stress and Anxiety in the Police Academy and Ways to Identify if its a True heart attack or Stress/Anxiety... Seemed like the perfect case of Anxiety.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

thx for the info on the anxiety guys... im glad it wasnt anything much more serious.
this is my first sports bike and it was my dream from as far as i can remember.

it just seemed at that moment like time just froze for a second, and i had a vision of her falling. very wierd but this is the best i can explain.