Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Poor Blackbird. I'm so sad. :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have like 5 sharp turns within a half mile of my house i worry each time i leave the house on cold tires

Old 07-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Its operator error, cant blame it on the tires.....
Go ahead and Google the tires.

I've gone through that turn a million times and much much hotter than I went yesterday (leisurely cruise). There was something slippery on the road and the tires are **** in any other condition than if the road is perfectly dry.

I didn't go in hot, I didn't target fixate, I didn't overlean, I didn't over throttle and I didn't brake mid turn.

The only operator error in this case was not putting on tires I know and trust.

Thanks for your concern btw.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
Dam bro sorry to hear that. I fell last year out of no were as well. Back tire locked up. It's hard trying to get your confidence back up or trusting the road. Yet if you keep just riding and working on fixing it, it will all come back to you. I had no damage to my bike and I laid it down at 30 miles a hour.
I wish I could have just slid it out. The curb did all the damage. There is an oil stain right on the curb so you can see where it busted the stator cover. I would have probably been able to just pick her up and ride home if I had enough room... I am quite lucky it didn't hit the pole though.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
I wish I could have just slid it out. The curb did all the damage. There is an oil stain right on the curb so you can see where it busted the stator cover. I would have probably been able to just pick her up and ride home if I had enough room... I am quite lucky it didn't hit the pole though.

Ouch man that's the worse when you can see the pain on were it happened. I seen super long skid marks from the tires when I went back. I picked mine up and rode it back home. I feel bad. I wish I was there to help a brother out.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Go ahead and Google the tires.

I've gone through that turn a million times and much much hotter than I went yesterday (leisurely cruise). There was something slippery on the road and the tires are **** in any other condition than if the road is perfectly dry.

I didn't go in hot, I didn't target fixate, I didn't overlean, I didn't over throttle and I didn't brake mid turn.

The only operator error in this case was not putting on tires I know and trust.

Thanks for your concern btw.
ok im sorry, should have added just kidding in there. but on a serious note, you have a spare bike, let the customization begin. i dont need to be concerned you are here safe and alive, with your pride hurt as we all do if we fall. a wise man here once said "bikes are built, not bought". its time to put that theory to the test. there is nothing like tearing a bike apart and building it to ur standard. this is your starting point....

Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 PM

ok im sorry, should have added just kidding in there. but on a serious note, you have a spare bike, let the customization begin. i dont need to be concerned you are here safe and alive, with your pride hurt as we all do if we fall. a wise man here once said "bikes are built, not bought". its time to put that theory to the test. there is nothing like tearing a bike apart and building it to ur standard. this is your starting point....
Jeez Pimp'n you are such a jerkface.

Yeah at least you have a second bike though Assumed.

Musta been "cold tires"

Old 07-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Jeez Pimp'n you are such a jerkface.

Yeah at least you have a second bike though Assumed.

Musta been "cold tires"

Is this one of those good cop bad cop things?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Is this one of those good cop bad cop things?
Hmm.. I think we'd be better with Bad Cop - Bad Cop Pimp'n

YouTube - ‪The Other Guys (Bad Cop, Bad Cop)‬‏

Old 07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where'd you get the tires?

Quick Reply: Poor Blackbird. I'm so sad. :(