Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Please help T_T

Old 11-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help T_T

Name:  JCa5sl.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  59.8 KB

I just sold her today. My true love is gone. The feeling is even worse because I cannot buy another bike for a very long time. Even 1 week without riding kills me but now when I go into my garage she won't be there to make me smile.

I had to sell her because it has gotten extremely hard keeping up with tuition hikes. So I will be bike-less for awhile...

None of my friends (no close biker friends) understand what it feels like to sell a bike. Not the same as selling a car. I feel like I lost a friend.

I guess life goes on, but until I get 'her' back, there will be a void in my heart.

tl;dr:
Don't sell your ****ing bike. Love it, keep it, and love it again.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:48 PM

i sold my f4i a month ago and i still miss it even though i got an 05 rr. She was a good bike, treated me well, i put a lot of work into it. Yours was gorgeous too. Hope you got a decent amount of money for it at least.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be prepared to annoy your friends, when you stop and lust after somebody else's ride.

Before I got my latest baby, my wife and son left me standing outside a B&N oggling
a Duc. They got done shopping and were back out waiting for me...and I hadn't noticed that they were gone. lol

When I asked my wife if it would be cool to get a new bike, her reply,"I've never seen
you lusting after other women, just those dang bikes! Yeah, sweetie, go for it."

Ern

Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM

I have felt your pain, jpanside.
I literally kissed my '01 f4i goodbye when I traded it in. Even though I was leaving the dealership on a brand new bike, nothing was going to replace the ties developed over time and miles spent with her. When I got home at the end of that day I still looked like I'd been chopping onions. My '06 f4i is a true and steady friend but I still don't have the same feelings for this one.
I've owned about a dozen bikes, some get under the skin more than others.
Here's hoping you get back on 2 wheels soon!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:34 AM

Dude that sucks Jpan - so sorry to hear man. But hey keep at that education, will make having bikes a whole lot easier in the future.

chin up man.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:45 AM

dam that was a nice kaw, but were's the cbr?

will your next bike be a cbr? and well if you look around this winter you may find something cheaper that you can fix up and ride on for awhile next season.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 AM

If it makes you feel better, at least you got paid for yours. Ive known guys had their bikes paid off, and stolen, never to be found again; no insurance money without that full coverage. Now you can feel better that some have it way worse than you. Education is only 15% of success. My cousin is gonna make over 600k a year after her schooling(Doctor), she can buy a dealership then, get your education and use your desire for nice bikes to drive your grades best in class.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM

thanks guys. I'll be back one day with another bike. ride safe and enjoy every moment you ride.

Search this Thread