Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Planning a trip to the dragon

Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning a trip to the dragon

Just thought I share...

I'm with a group that is planning a trip to the Dragon Trail/Deals Gap the 1st of april. So far, I know there will be at least three of us. A GSXR 750, R1 and my 600RR. We have about 10 or 12 guys in the group I ride with now and we are meeting up to plan the trip and see how many can make it. Just sharing incase anyone else is going to be in the area, we can meet up and say hi.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Default RE: Planning a trip to the dragon

thanks for the heads up don! the group i ride with here is actually planning a trip out there too. there's currently 30-35 members but i doubt all will be able to go... more like 12-18. how long will you be out there? just for the weekend?

also, the group is planning on a trip to see the AMA races at Barber (Birmingham - April 21-23) so if you or anyone else is going that'd be a cool place to say hi

Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Retired Administrator

Our trip will be the week end of the 1st. Just trailer our bikes up on Friday, ride a little to get a feel for it then rest. Then Saturday... let er rip. Sunday will be a final couple of laps and then the long trip home.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 AM

sounds like a good plan. don't forget to take pics!

Old 03-19-2006, 06:26 PM

hey fred. I think me and the guys from base are headed to the gap around the same time. the first of april-ish. I'll be sure to hit you up whenever i hear for sure

Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM

justin, definitely let me know. are you guys going to ride there?

don, THANKS for helping me out! stupid tabs!!!

Old 03-19-2006, 06:47 PM

yeah...its about five hours from here...they usually ride up there on a friday, ride the gap saturday, and make it back on sunday. There was talk about trailering, but what fun is that when its that close

Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Retired Administrator

My group is going the weekend of April the 1st. There on Friday, ride all day Saturday and back home on Sunday....

No problem on the help... I hate those tabs. Freaking design flaw.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

don't know yet if i'll be able to make it on the 1st, but i'd definitely like to know if anyone else has some other dates planned... i'll bring myself and a maybe a couple buddies.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Hey y'all---i won't be able to make it, but do me a favor--look into staying at the Kickstand Lodge. Fred and Mo are great, and i promised that i would send them as many people as possible. Very, very cheap rates, homecooked meals, great facilities, and very close to the dragon. Provides a great 10 min ride to warm up your tires on before the dragon. Let them know that you heard about it from Adam in Kentucky, i just stayed there a few days ago. Check out their website at www.kickstandlodge.com You've seriously never met nicer people---they've got beer in the fridge for free, and all they ask is that you put some in before you leave!!! lol

Let me know if you guys decide this will work. Personally, after seein this place, the Deal's Gap lodge, and the Iron Horse lodge, i wouldn't stay anywhere else. I'm takin a group of 20 there in may.

OH YEAH---dont forget to ride the CHERAHOLA SKYWAY while you're there----i really can't decide which one i like better, it or the dragon!!!!

-Adam

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Planning a trip to the dragon