Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

This pisses me off

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks trout.... i plan on my buddy re-shooting it pearl black probably this summer... whenever he gets the time

Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of sleepers yall ever hear of a camry being a sleeper?

Here is the short summed up version.

Open freeway, im doin 130, he pulls past me, im at 140 and he is still infront, we stop, i talk to him, i hear turbo, tells me he is 10 grand into it and he loves sleepers, takes off at light and spins thru intersection. i finish my ride. lol

Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 AM

not to be a hater but someone who sinks that much money into a car like that

only problem with it... along with the srt-4 ur always so much more limited with a fwd car....

for a fast car rwd is the way to go... or awd

save ur money and get a 2000 vette or something lol

Old 04-02-2010, 10:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrYDPg8yMTU

but unfortunately in this world anything is possible lol

Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
My buddy at work used to have an F3 and we'd always get these clown kids revving their civics at us....lol..
He'd always rev back at them and then get real low behind the screen like a jackazz ready to take off.
When the light changed, my buddy would let the clutch out real slow like he was a 90yr old grandma and putt off....LOL..
I used to laugh my azz off when he'd do it. The civic would be all grinding gears and bouncing on it's cheap coilovers...
The town I live in the the typical 'Beach Town' too many tourists, punks in 'Modded' civics and cops with nothing better to do than write tickets.

So going home for lunch one day, I noticed one of the town cops hiding in his usual spot. On the way back to work, some kid in an older civic with a Carbon Fiber hood that probably cost more than the car, revs his motor like crazy next to me at the redlight. I look over, rev back, and the light changes. He lays 15 feet of rubber, and hauls ***.....right past the cop on the next side street that was there 15 minutes before.....

Needless to say, when he burned out, I simply putzed away from the light so I could watch officer Fife pull him over. I did my part for the town's revenue base that afternoon.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
The town I live in the the typical 'Beach Town' too many tourists, punks in 'Modded' civics and cops with nothing better to do than write tickets.

So going home for lunch one day, I noticed one of the town cops hiding in his usual spot. On the way back to work, some kid in an older civic with a Carbon Fiber hood that probably cost more than the car, revs his motor like crazy next to me at the redlight. I look over, rev back, and the light changes. He lays 15 feet of rubber, and hauls ***.....right past the cop on the next side street that was there 15 minutes before.....

Needless to say, when he burned out, I simply putzed away from the light so I could watch officer Fife pull him over. I did my part for the town's revenue base that afternoon.

Lol what a great setup. haha

Old 04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Administrator - Retired

Lol what a great setup. haha
Haha!! Exactly.
That's what needs to be done. Saves us riders money, and it's a great laugh!

Old 04-02-2010, 04:48 PM

he reved his motor at me...lol come on ..

Old 04-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Dude, that looks like a turbo xs bov you got in that tsi of yours... vented to atmo, even. That isn't louder than an srt-4's bov? Anyways, nice setup you got.

Srt's spool up really quickly and since they don't run MAFs, you can vta just by pulling the hose and there's no issue so you got a lot of that pssshhhh randomly. Since it's impossible to do anything but highway race (40-50 rolls) with those things, they aren't used to throttle control and umm.. you know, fast driving so give them a bit of a break. I remember a buddy of mine tried to race one and he refused to do anything under a 50 roll because his tires didn't hook up, or rather, he didn't know how to make them hook up.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Last night at the races on French rd here in Detroit a some young kid yelled over to the group of bikes (10-15) and says "Hey my buddy says he'll take any bike over there with his FOCUS !!!!" Keep in mind there was everything from Kawa 250r's to Busa's over here. So everybody just laughs. Then the kid said he'll put $200 on it the guys on bikes that do race there said thats not enuff and the rest of us just like to watch since this is a dangerous place to race. I told the guy to go watch a youtube video of a bike beating a Ferrari then rethink his comments.

Background of French rd: Its a lil more then a 1/4 mile behind the Detroit city airport. Maybe 4 street lights. Big enough to be a 3 lane street but its only 2. While these clowns are racing on this 2 lane street pedestrian traffic is still driving thru. Not alot but its enough . Most of the people that attends are suburbanites and not Detroiters. The police comes and shut it down twice once about 11pm then the final one at like 2-3 am.

Quick Reply: This pisses me off