Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

a pissed off cager

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a pissed off cager

going home last night i passed a pick up truck in apassing zone and he caught up to me at set of lights. pulled next to me and started screaming that if i passed him again he would beat the **** out of me,and young kids like me r going to get killed. i took in all in stride didnt say anything but i wanted to. which i hope was the right thing to do,but i cant wait to see that guy again in a safe passing zone cause i will do it again. by the way i'm not a kid i'm 37 years old. i think he was pissed cause he probably wants a bike but cant afford one. LOL.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: a pissed off cager

I have had a much milder experience, but something along those lines. You did the best thing you could have done. Good job!

P.S. I flipped my guy off...I was the lesser person.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:23 PM

just ignoring them like you did will get at them more than anything you could say, good job on handling that well.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM

^+1 that really pisses them off.

I had a guy follow a friend and I waving a gun in Phoenix. We did nothing wrong at all, we were just faster than him and he was pissed about it. But he went away when he finally pulled on the side that my glock 23 was holstered on. My friend was asking me why didnt I shoot him cause he was waving the gun. I said fuuuuucccccckkkkkkk yooooouuuuuu.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM

P.S. I flipped my guy off...I was the lesser person.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: alleycat
pulled next to me and started screaming that if i passed him again he would beat the **** out of me
I would have passed him again....

Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM

last night i went on a ride with my dad, we were on a nice long back road, it had a route# and the speedlimit was like 45. we were going with traffic and staying in line, because it was rush hour so the road was busy. well i look in my side view and there is a truck so close to me i can only see 1 headlight in the miror, and i can make out his old wrinkly toothless face in my mirror as well. so i gave him the benefit of the doubt for a mile or so, and he didn;t back off. so on the next straight i lifted my shield turned around and pointed at him yelling "back the F* up" i don;t know if he heard me, but he sure stayed back quite a ways for the rest of the 15 miles...

Old 08-14-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: alleycat

going home last night i passed a pick up truck in apassing zone and he caught up to me at set of lights. pulled next to me and started screaming that if i passed him again he would beat the **** out of me,and young kids like me r going to get killed. i took in all in stride didnt say anything but i wanted to. which i hope was the right thing to do,but i cant wait to see that guy again in a safe passing zone cause i will do it again. by the way i'm not a kid i'm 37 years old. i think he was pissed cause he probably wants a bike but cant afford one. LOL.
It was probably MikeInCTown that was pissed off at you.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had a lot of weird stuff happen over the years with cars (or dick heads in cars). Funniest was one night I was out riding with future wife number 1 & came up behind all this traffic, held up by a guy that would not let anyone pass (two lane road) He was driving in middle between both lanes & would move over to right if anyone tried to pass. So I moved up pass the traffic & got up behind him, went to overtake & sure enough moved over to stop me. So I made out that I was going to try again & as he moved to block me, I gunned it & passed him on the inside. My girlfriend & I just turned around & gave him a happy wave (bye bye). He went ballistic & speed up to catch us, much to the relief of everyone behind him, Someone should have told him, that if your going to be the 'Dude' then don't drive a 15 year old **** box, he never even got close.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM

when i was younger back when i was a civilian..i'd get ridiculously pissed when people would do **** like that or come into my lane in a turn. then my buddy gave me the bright idea to break their mirrors.."hey man you have carbon fiber knuckles" so when people almost ran me over or acted like dick heads i would slow down..speed by and stick out a fist and rip of their mirror..most people were in to much shock to do anything..how ever now being a bit older and a bit smarter and having alot more to lose, i think that is a horrible idea..just throwing that out there...man i was kind of a punk looking back..

Quick Reply: a pissed off cager