Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pissed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
My in-laws live in Philipsburg. Clearfield is pretty bad. I was almost going to say State College, but I knew a Sandusky-related joke would've came up so I opted for the sticks. I was just saying close to there and I could walk to my In-Laws. They are some good ol' Pennsylvania Country Folk(In a good way.... that's possible).
I almost used the "are you searching for sandusky in the woods" joke anyway.

Btw, I go to Philipsburg every August for a family reunion. There's a state park up near there (black moshannon) that's a central point for a lot of my dad's family so we all go camping there and stuff. It's a nice area.

So maybe we can push this bike delivery off till August. Nice riding up there.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I almost used the "are you searching for sandusky in the woods" joke anyway.

Btw, I go to Philipsburg every August for a family reunion. There's a state park up near there (black moshannon) that's a central point for a lot of my dad's family so we all go camping there and stuff. It's a nice area.

Black Moshannon is very nice. It's right off 80 and easy to get too and doesn't cost anything. I ride up there about once a year to my In-laws and then ride around up there.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Actually while I appreciate the 'offers to assist' (riding a BMW I bought before me ), my buddy talked some sense into me today over lunch.

So I'm gonna wait till the 2012 in black gets delivered and he's gonna give me a lift to pick it up. Yes, it's certain I'm gonna go buy one

Don't need it but definitely want it

Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Oh yeah: if the dealer hadn't sold the "puke green", as Trey put it, before i got there this'd be in S&S cause the pic would a been next to Ororo.

Already got her name too

Jinx

Old 01-08-2012, 07:31 PM

+1 on going for a different color...

Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by Trey
Black Moshannon is very nice. It's right off 80 and easy to get too and doesn't cost anything. I ride up there about once a year to my In-laws and then ride around up there.
Yeah, definitely a nice area. I almost hit a bear on 80 last year in my jeep (on the extension part of 80). It was crazy. He came full blast out of the woods. Funniest part was that he got to the median and then instead of just hopping over the guardrail, he actually squeezed underneath it.

+1 on going for a different color...
I dunno... I kinda liked that puke green color. I like all the colors, though. It would be a tough choice for me.

Congrats, Kuro.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:47 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Hey Kuro didn't you say the bike was $14K OTD and you had enough to pay for it in cash? If so that is a good amount of dough. Aren't you living in an apt with no garage? If so have you thought about taking that money and do a down payment on a house with a garage instead of buying the BMW. The BMW is an amazing bike so personally I wouldn't want it sitting outside every night. Plus Ororo would have a nice home then when you did get the BMW it would have a nice home as well. Not trying to tell you what to do with your hard earned cash just thought I'd throw the option out there.

Last edited by R Dub; 01-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Hey Kuro didn't you say the bike was $14K OTD and you had enough to pay for it in cash? If so that is a good amount of dough. Aren't you living in an apt with no garage? If so have you thought about taking that money and do a down payment on a house with a garage instead of buying the BMW. The BMW is an amazing bike so personally I wouldn't want it sitting outside every night. Plus Ororo would have a nice home then when you did get the BMW it would have a nice home as well. Not trying to tell you what to do with your hard earned cash just thought I'd throw the option out there.
Already thought about this. Right now I need to rebuild credit. I'm angling for a high down payment with low monthly payments as a means to do so. The banks are currently looking for excellent credit AND an obscene down payment. And right now I essentially have no credit: one credit card I got on the advice of my realtor (no, not one he specifically suggested either)

Rebuilding credit with a loan on something I'd like to have + time to build a nice down payment with increased income while banks loosen their purse strings = better plan than putting a down payment for a house in a neighborhood I don't want to live in because my current financial status demanded it.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Dude, this is getting scary... I could have written that post, word to word... I'm going through basically the exact same thing with the exeptions that i'm buying a new car instead of a bike, and currently trying to pay back my loans and building my own company so I can use it as a leverage when it's time to walk into the bank for a house loan... Gotta live almost a 100km away from work cause my wife has a job in sysmä (a small hick of a town) an I work in the nearest city (Lahti), so I'm going through cars in a four year cycle... My current volvo has nearly 500tkm on it and it's starting to show...
Just waiting for the day my wife agrees to move the F out of that hillbilly haven...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 AM

Those bikes are mad sweet. My friend turned me onto them when i was looking for my CBR

Quick Reply: Pissed!