Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pinks: All Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pinks: All Out

Yeah but I like seeing people lose their rides... that's awesome!

Just for clarification, I'm not calling those two fairies fairies simply because they were riding Zuks. They were fairies because they were whining like girls and didn't even have to stones to put their money where their whiney mouths were. They were both yapping about being badasses and neither wanted to risk their bike for it...

Yet they wanted to be on Pinks - makes no sense.

Fairies.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM

I try to avoid watching Pinks if I can, orif I do I'll just watch the actual race itself andnot the stuff leading up to it.The host is such a tool and the contestants on the show constantly bitch and bickeraboutthe other guy sandbagging. If they would cut all that other stuff out and just get to the races it would be a lot better show...

Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

I've been to plenty of drag racing events, thanks. And yes, anytime you're in a competition sport where factors go beyond what the person is capable of (ie. a mechanical device... a vehicle), there will always be someone who claims they've been shorted or this or that, he's using slicks, he's got turbo, they've got this he's got that...

Blah blah blah.

The two on Zuks were fairies.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Looks like you had a blast. I would have loved to been there. I use to hate the host,but now I can tolerate him. That was messed up when he wrecked that bike.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

That wasn't a tank slapper, that was a highside.
So a tank slapper isnt when your bars fly back and forth uncontrolably until you lose control anddrop your bike?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM

My bad memory isnt always accurate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc55j...eature=related

Old 03-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Yup, too much bike + over confidents + cameras = bruised ego and a scratched up bike.
Should have set the setting to C......

I like the "All out" show. I think the original "PINKS" has gotten to be too much of a soap opera type of a show.

Must of been a blast to be in the mix of the show like that. How long did the actual event last?

Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It started Friday night and ended on Saturday night. I don't know what they did on Friday, but the actual Pinks competition started around 1 on Saturday and wrapped up right around 10 that night. They ran each of the 400 cars twice during the day, then they run exhibitions (funny cars, jet car, etc) for about 2 hours while they were wiring up the 16 cars. Of course, we stayed for a few more hours and tail gated in the pits.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

I have never been a "drag" racing fan, but I have been to a couple events. Had a blast at both of them. I defenitly like the atmosphere of being at the track. Tons of interesting people to meet. I am what you would call a crowd watcher. Its fun sitting back and observing how everyone interacts in competetive environments.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too big on drag racing either, but when you are there its a whole different story. Nothing like hearing some very powerful engines rip down the track all day long.

Quick Reply: Pinks: All Out