Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

pills and a drug test.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pills and a drug test.

well i finally got a job interview and i have to do a drug test..i still have some tramadol from my surgery a few months ago and i took some last night because i was moving all day in my shoulder hurt pretty bad..but if that shows up on the test will they not hire me? or will they ask me about it..the test wont be till tuesday, so how long till its out of my system?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Default RE: pills and a drug test.

I do not think that they are looking for LEGAL drugs!

Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe he says tramadol, but means something else

Old 08-01-2008, 03:37 PM

I dunno, if it was YOUR proscription I'd find it hard for them to have a problem with it. Anyways lay off the week til tuesday and you should be fine.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:48 PM

I wonder if Dubya had to **** in a bottle for his job? Might have saved the world a lot of grief!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 PM

the best thing you can do is tell the person at the doctors office what you took and why. If something does show up, its a lot easier for them to dismiss it. If its after the fact, the employer may just decide to go with someone else while your trying to get it straightened out.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM

All drugs are illegal unless prescribed...you'll be ok...they aren't looking for pain killers...

Old 08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Take your prescription with you right to the test and show them the bottle, tell them when you last took it. You have only to gain by being completely honest, and everything to lose by forgetting to mention it.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

well i finally got a job interview and i have to do a drug test..i still have some tramadol from my surgery a few months ago and i took some last night because i was moving all day in my shoulder hurt pretty bad..but if that shows up on the test will they not hire me? or will they ask me about it..the test wont be till tuesday, so how long till its out of my system?
The only reason why I am giving you any advise on this is because you said they are prescribed. A RX is good for the amount most of the time. It's l.i.k.e this....you slipped a brusied your butt doc gives you enough pills to last for two weeks. Only thing is you aren't hurting that bad so you don't take one maybe once every three days. Your okay. If he gives you hydros and he only gave you a weeks worth and a year later you **** test postive that's going to be a little hard to explain.

Best thing to take the bottle with you with the name and number to your doctor. When you go to take the test let them know that you have surgery, what you have taken, and how much and when. When I did my clinicals in OB it was right next to the lab. That's what they would do nearly every time. Just make sure you still have the bottle!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 PM

What happened to the 100k a year job?! TK is absolutely right. Let us know what happens.

Quick Reply: pills and a drug test.