Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pics of your wife or GF that rides.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of your wife or GF that rides.

I just wondered how many of us on here were lucky enough to have a wife or GF that rides. this is my wife just as I got done repainting her ZX6R. I'll get some better pics, but I've had the bike torn down for some time and she wanted to ride it... so this is the only pic I got as she was leaving the house..lol

Ladies on this site that ride... feel free to add if you like.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25893/DDD307490D4642C78EE7B1316B75F9DA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Default RE: Pics of your wife or GF that rides.

no pics but the wife just took the abate course and just got her permit today we've been looking for her a bike, she's not sure what she wants... she's gonna ride my 06 1000rr until she decides... kinda scary but i can't tell her no she got it for me for christmas (along with the payment book)

Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 PM

holy crap..... She's gonna learn on your 1000RR.. Man.. I better not let my wife read this thread. Ihave convinced herthere was no way she would ever beable to ride a 1000RR. And shes got about 5000miles on a previous R6 and about 1000miles on her current ZX6R. I would be a nervous wreck if she was a liter bike.

My advice on a first bike would be a 600 something. My wife started out on a R6 and did really well with it. She rode a 500 ninja and hated it. She is only 5'3", so I had to lower both of her bikes, but now at least she can flatfoot it. Not to mention, the brakes, the suspension, the weight are all better on the newer 600's when compared to the 500 ninja. I truely feel the 600's are safer than the 500's
I truly hope she is safe.. that is a ton of bike for a novice rider. Not to scare you....... But I use to ride with a girl that had a 750 GSXR. She had kind of an attitude of 'look at me." so she decided she needed to move up to a 1000 GSXR to get noticed more. She had about 10,000 miles on her 750... and about 100miles on her 1000 when she took off from a light, a little too much gas and lifted the front end.. freaked out and slammed on the brakes... needless to say... the front end washed out and now she has a good limp as the road did a number to her knee.

Again,I truly hope sheis safe on the bike... its not hard at all to get in over your head on a liter bike.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:35 PM

she will be safe on it.. i know... but i worry about her and other drivers.. she's looking at newer (05-new) r6's, gsxr600.. and also thinking honda shadow 750... she's had back problems and wants to know if a crotch rocket would inflame her back.. so she wants to ride mine a bit to make sure she'd be ok on a sportbike...

Old 08-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gottabfordtough

she will be safe on it.. i know... but i worry about her and other drivers.. she's looking at newer (05-new) r6's, gsxr600.. and also thinking honda shadow 750... she's had back problems and wants to know if a crotch rocket would inflame her back.. so she wants to ride mine a bit to make sure she'd be ok on a sportbike...
a cruiser is worse on a bad back believe it or not.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:52 PM

Now that bike looks really good!

Old 08-23-2008, 02:41 AM

i'd love to post what my girlfriend rides, but i think i'd get banned from the forums []

Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 AM

The GF currently doesn't ride, but she really wants to, and she really wants a sportbike, and she has a mean taste for things that go fast, lol. I really want to teach her to ride my bike, but for the time being she enjoys riding closly behind me.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:32 AM

i couldn't imagine a comfy cruiser that is ment for longer trips being harder on you body than a sportbike...

Old 08-23-2008, 08:35 AM

Cruisers are comfy when standing still... once your feet are on the footpegs you are putting too much load on your back (they are meant to look cool more than being confortable) Touring bikes (baggers) have better back support but are heavier, and way more expensive.

The best riding position is actually that of the Standard (or naked sportbike) Feet underneath you with decent space from the saddle. and a slight lean forward to the bars, but with the bars higher than on our Race Replicas

Quick Reply: Pics of your wife or GF that rides.