Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)

Im so glad for both, i really dont know that i could give up either one. Sleep tight my babies

Old 08-24-2008, 08:33 PM

Don't worry about modding a v6 over finding a v8 for it. I find v8s fun and I've got a 5.0 but I really enjoy the feel of a v6 too. If you're really worried about the potential of the engine just lookit all of the 6 cyl supras that put out 1000s of hp and even 1.8l honda engines can top 1000 hp if it's done right. If you want the make the v-6 more fun for cheap exhaust intake and a remap of the computer will make it feel more fun for cheap if you aren't looking to blow anything away. I've always enjoyed how those three mods make any car you own a little more fun again.

Oh and I forgot to mention, that paint turned out great. I like the look of the back end but I kinda prefer the lines that ford puts on them stock that go up the middle, or just the whole hood a diff color. I love the way flat/semi-flat black looks with glossy paint.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:50 PM

I am diggin the paint job! The Supra I-6 is a whole different ball game than the Ford V6.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:56 PM

here's mine. your car looks good. my hood is carbonfiber,very light weight and supercharged gt(not fast enough still working on it)
Name:  5thset021.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  100.9 KB
Name:  5thset033.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  124.8 KB
Name:  1006.jpg
Size:  64.3 KB

Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 PM

^^^
snakebite replica?

Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 AM

I like the trunk black but I can't stand the hood

You need rims extremely bad

Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered Users

nice...i just got me an '07 GT vert....only got about 3100 miles on it... bought it new last year hahaha...(live downtown and didn't drive much, have since moved and driving it more)....

after the wifey learns how to drive stick and she gets used to it, i'll start modding it....it's going to get an underpulley, CAI, tune, side skirt exhaust (hopefully a matte racing stripe to match the vert top), chin, deep dish black and silver rims....and a ton of other stuff....eventually i'll get a whipple and make it a coll 450 rwhp.....anyways...nice stang from a fellow lover

Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 PM

thanks, guys

anyway, jd - the second biggest reason (the biggest being price) Im not getting twins is that youre right... Ill be making 600+ horses.. which means Ill have to tear the whole engine down, probably get a new transmission (though I would like a 6-speed lol), etc. With 300 rwhp, it wont cost much (Id say probably 1/3 the price of twins and supporting mods), and the stock internals should be able to handle it (obviously Id want to upgrade the clutch and rear end).

Rod - that camaro is freakin nice... somehow (dont ask me how this works lol), Ive always been a fan of both camaros and mustangs.

tk - just wanted to say Ive always loved your camaro... the things freakin nice.

rons - nice gt... I like it

and I know it needs wheels really bad... the problem is that I cant really afford anything for the car right now... once Im in wyotech (another month), Ill see what my financial situation is and if I have some extra cash flow, Ill probably pick up some secondhand wheels. Also, I think the hood will look a lot less out of place once I get the mach 1 grille and chin spoiler (also, getting some black wheels will help). I think after wheels Ill be getting the h-pipe and duals, and then probably a tuner... then gears and an lsd... then who knows

Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 PM

just take your time and do what YOU like, you'll enjoy it more than if somone else tells you what to do. sometimes people get carried away with what they would do not thinking of how much $$$ is involved for someone elses project. have as much fun as you can afford.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:46 PM

had to bump this for a little update... my friend decided to start selling all his old car stuff, which included a set of Tenzo R sport seats (retailing at $259/each brand new). I bought the pair from him for $300, which means the mustang just got a little more riced out lol

Name:  seats3.jpg
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  seats-1.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  seats2.jpg
Size:  39.2 KB

also, the car no longer has an even remotely usable back seat, so a rear seat delete has moved up on my growing list of crap to get.

And finally, all the people that said to turbo it may be getting their wish... apparently my friend (same one who sold me the seats) has a friend who can fab up custom manifolds. Also, the same guy might be selling me a Mack truck turbo (highly impractical for any type of driving, but Ill trade speed for the shock factor when you pop the hood and theres a monster-a** turbo sitting there lol) that he had on an old truck (until it broke the rear end... I guess he downsized the turbo after replacing the rear end). So I might be doing a custom turbo setup (shooting for no more than 350hp to the wheels... I dont have the money to reinforce the bottom end right now). Cant wait for that turbo whistle and BOV

Quick Reply: pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)