Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)

so I was typing up my little tale of ricery when it occurred to me that I never posted pics of my mustang when I bought it. Anyway, I figured some of you might appreciate it (Im sure theres some mustang guys around here)

Anyway, on to the pickshures!!!!

the day I brought her home:
Name:  3-7.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  4-3.jpg
Size:  52.1 KB

sitting next to my old civic (man, I miss that car ):
Name:  6-6.jpg
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  7-5.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  45.2 KB

some gt rear bumper sweetness (next up: h-pipe and duals)
Name:  stang.jpg
Size:  32.8 KB

And after thinking about it for a few weeks, I decided to do some rattle-canning (my work amazed the guys over at mustangforums):
Name:  trunkbumper1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  30.5 KB

Name:  finishedtrunkbumper3.jpg
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  hood1.jpg
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  hood3.jpg
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  hood4.jpg
Size:  46.6 KB

Name:  hood5.jpg
Size:  45.7 KB

Anyway, its an r-titled '01 v6 mustang (5speed)... the front and rear ends were replaced (which is the reason for the 40th anniversary hood and the gt rear bumper). I think Im going to get a mach 1 grille delete and chin spoiler next... this spring, Im going to cut the springs (believe it or not, its actually a safe and legitimate way of lowering New Edge mustangs), and hopefully get my exhaust done. Then, hopefully I can find some nice wheels (17x9 in front, 18x10 for the rear)

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics

Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)

i liked the rear but imo now the hood looks like you just fixed some dents or something with it lol. I guess if you followed the line onto the roof it'd be pimp imo.

Im not a mustang guy since I have a Trans am but nice car.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 PM

thanks... as for the hood, there's three ways it can go:

1) I might paint the roof (I've been thinking about it since I did the hood and trunk)
2) I might get a terminator front bumper and cobra hood. If I do, Ill probably do the hood in solid red. Actually, I was thinking about an svt cobra r conversion (wing and all), but the more I think about it, the less I like the idea (unless I had a good 600hp bite to match the cars bark).
3) Ive been thinking about an m112 (svt cobra) blower; the conversion wont fit with the stock hood, so Id have to get a 3"+ cowl hood to fit the blower. In that case, the hood would look incredibly weird if it wasnt solid red.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

i liked the rear but imo now the hood looks like you just fixed some dents or something with it lol. I guess if you followed the line onto the roof it'd be pimp imo.

Im not a mustang guy since I have a Trans am but nice car.
god I love trans ams. I have a 96, used to have an 86, I wish I has an 02 firehawk.

Oh, and as far as the rattle canning goes, it will look alright for a while, but don't think it will be on par with like PPG or something.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:39 PM

either turbo the v6 or throw in a 302, not a bad looking car though

Old 08-24-2008, 02:09 PM

I like the black hood and bumper, looks good.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:15 PM

thanks, guys

ORIGINAL: ta8218
Oh, and as far as the rattle canning goes, it will look alright for a while, but don't think it will be on par with like PPG or something.
Dont worry, I know Ill have to touch it up after a year or so... but you have to admit, for $20, it was well worth it

and lonewolf, I really want to turbo it, but Id like to piece together a kit... unfortunately, turbo manis for v6s are impossible to find (and Id rather not drop $5k on a turbo kit)... so unless I can find a turbo mani or find someone to make one, Ill probably just supercharge the v6. Theres a guy over on Mustang Forums with a 650hp or so v6 (using an m112 blower... obviously, the car isnt close to stock, but it shows the potential of a good blower setup). Really, Im shooting for 300hp to the wheels; I just want a car thats fast enough for me (I dont really care what cars I can beat and what I cant).

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM

reaper, 300hp isn't out of the question, i mean there are 6 cylinders these days that do that stock. A buddy of mine built is v6 camaro and it makes as much power as a v8 camaro now. I don't follow stangs too well but i know of a turbo'd 6 where i live, its pretty decent, if you want i can put you in touch with the guy, just pm me

Old 08-24-2008, 02:27 PM

I know 300 is an easily attainable goal; I believe the split-port v6s put down something like 180 to the wheels stock. Im just saying I wont need a huge setup to get there... the only problem is deciding how to get there

Old 08-24-2008, 02:47 PM

I looked at a turbo kit for my focus that took it to 300 hp with out all the mods I already had.

Quick Reply: pics of my mustang (56k... possibly not)