Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Photoshop experts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Photoshop experts

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

Thanks for the tip Kewl... I've got the picture cropped already, it's just that I'd like it to be just a pic of her and I, so therefore that means taking out the dudes that are behind and to the left of us. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I don't know that much about it. What are my options? thanks.

Yeah, sorry Rckt, what you're looking for is not cropping but actual photo manipulation which AFAIK can't be done without s/w like photoshop.

btw, for those trying this I noticed you guys are having problems with knocking out areas close to the edge that's tricky like hair. You either need time and a lot of patience or you need third party plugins like Knockout Pro. I know it's not fair since I do this stuff for my profession but just to show that it can be done w/out the plugins, here's one on a background to show what the tricky areas look like (the original camera pic also had some unnatural colors which I edited to make more natural):

Name:  RcktGrl2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  43.9 KB

p.s. Nothing against your hair Rckt Grl [8D], it's perfect, that's just the way it is when trying to manipulate/separate any hair from the background.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, Kewl.

I'm always a fan of seeing what Photoshop is capable of. Thems the fundamentals right there!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 AM

Also - with the original image one could rebuild the wood walls behind you... it'd look like the same room, just without the crowd. The bigger the picture to start from the easier it would be.

I really like the sunset job though... this could quickly turn into a photoshop contest where we see what unlikely/humerous locations RCKT GRL and her friend were in that night.
Woot.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze
I do this stuff for my profession
Wow Kewl! nice work. Thanks foryour expertise and explanation.

ORIGINAL:woot
I really like the sunset job though... this could quickly turn into a photoshop contest where we see what unlikely/humerous locations RCKT GRL and her friend were in that night.
HA!That would be funny! [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 PM

Well I am no expert just started learning..........so lets keep the competition to armwrestling or street racing, something I have a chance at winning.

Hmmmm I think rocket girl wants to visit a brothel house........stay tuned.....

j/k

Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the compliments.

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

ORIGINAL: woot
HA! That would be funny! [sm=happy046.gif]

I'm not sure if you know what you're getting yourself into ... lol ... but here's a ready made template with white background to make it easy for anyone who dares

Name:  RcktGrl.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  43.3 KB