Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pet Peeves

In no particular order:

[ol][*]Litterers (cig butts especially!)[*]Drunk drivers[*]People who don't signal[*]People who drive too slow in the left lane[*]Judging a book by it's cover[*]Greed[*]People who give up too easily[*]Excessive force[*]People who blame others for their woes instead of taking responsibility for their own life.[*]Disregard to other people's personal property (stupid people playing mailbox baseball)[*]People who don't maintain some sense of control of their children.[*]People who don't let their children be themselves.[*]Intolerance.[/ol]

Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pet Peeves

Wow. I can feel the tension coming out of the computer!

Rather than focus in on the negatives, how about a list of ten things that make you happy?

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Banned

14. DVRs without a 30 second commercial skip.
15. waiting in line
16. Chickens- they have no flavor anymore, they are sold/slaughtered too young.
17. Rachel Ray - why the hell is she always yelling.
18. poorly made chinese goods
19. people that whine about gas prices but drive SUVs.
20. Hillary Clinton
21. Daylight Savings time
22. people that breathe with their mouth when they chew.
23. overcooked pasta
24. the French
25. people that collect nick-nacks
26. separating the silverware when putting them in the drawer

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Ty

Fricking left lane bandits! Move over and let us by! [sm=chairshot.gif]

Number 4 and number 10 are my biggest pet peeves.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Banned

how about a list of ten things that make you happy?
5 pairs of boobies.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Gold diggers ...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

In no particular order:

[ol][*]People who don't maintain some sense of control of their children.[*]People who don't let their children be themselves.[*]Intolerance.[/ol]
hahaha.. lets look at this.. that doesnt make sense.. letting children be themselves means having no control, kids are crazy energetic sponges, thats why they get into everything.. bc they are learning.. lol..

doesnt seem like you are very tolerant.. lol

Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 AM

i would have to say punctuality is my biggest..

i hate it when people are late.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: woo545

In no particular order: [ol][*]People who don't maintain some sense of control of their children.[*]People who don't let their children be themselves.[*]Intolerance.[/ol]
hahaha.. lets look at this.. that doesnt make sense.. letting children be themselves means having no control, kids are crazy energetic sponges, thats why they get into everything.. bc they are learning.. lol..

doesnt seem like you are very tolerant.. lol
That was 100% intentional and most certainly has the appearance of being at odds with one another. There are people who won't let their kids do anything and others that spoil their kids rotten to the point the appreciate and respect nothing and no one. There is a huge gap in between these 2 points.

As for the intolerance part....certainly depends on the subject matter (and fatigue level).

Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM

You can still have control over your children, ESPECIALLY IN PUBLIC, while letting them have fun. There are too many unfit parents out there who let their children control them. Children are like dogs... you have to establish the rules and stick to the rules in order to maintain discipline. If I acted the way some of these brats act at the local grocery, my back porch would have been red and I would have been in my room for the rest of the day. It's about stepping up to the plate and raising polite, respectful children.

It bothers me when construction happens and there is absolutely no attempt to keep or replace the natural beauty destroyed. I'm not saying that new construction shouldn't happen because it's good for the economy and infrastructure, but it bothers me when 100's of trees are removed and only 15-20 are planted. The math just doesn't work for me and now a road I usually traverse on two wheels for the scenery is significantly less beautiful.

People who preach that prejudice is wrong. It doesn't necessarily link to your race. I am prejudice against anyone I meet until I know about their character. I will judge a book by it's cover, at first, because that's the image of yourself you have chosen to present to the world. I will not apologize for it nor will I stop.

And slow people in the fast lane, dishes, rounded off bolts.... all make my list.

When my computer misplaces a file I spent 2 hours modifying for a class...

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves