Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PDA cell phone thingys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PDA cell phone thingys...

i want to buy one of those pda`s that is also a phone so what am i looking for??? i am looking for it in www.newegg.com (cuz it rocks) i dont have any idea about phone or pda`s so i need help.
Thanks James.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Default RE: PDA cell phone thingys...

The most common brand is called "Blackberry" there are lot's others, but they're the ones that started the whole cell phone/ PDA in one thingy. many people use the term blackberry as a generic term for that kind of equipment, sort of like calling "rollerblade" to any brand of in-line skate

Old 03-03-2007, 11:29 AM

+1

Old 03-03-2007, 11:34 AM

The new blackjack is a sweet device but if you dont have verizon getting an unlocked one costs a lot more.

Blackberrys just do email. You want a PDA Phone.

I would stay away from your blackberry devices, they are fine for just email but if you want full functionality go with a windows mobile powered device. I would have a tendency to stay away from the palm devices. I know many people will disagree with me on this, but just remember that 94 out of 100 new pieces of phone softwareis written for windows mobile. That and moving stuff and synchonizing is a breeze. With palm has to be converted to this and then from that and requires 3rd party mods to get outlook or outlook express synched... f**k that. Windows, plug it in, give the PC and phone names and boom, be hitting that like britney spears and vodka.

I love my PDA (HP) because not only does it keep all my school notes like powerpoint presentations, word docs, but also has MP3 and video support.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 AM

no not a blackberry a real pda.

telgren what one do u have??

Old 03-03-2007, 11:46 AM

I have had a few generations of PDA and phones now. My first was the Sanyo Palm Phone, weighed like 12oz and was the size of small brick. I didnt buy a combo this last time stricly because of work (asphalt does nasty things to phones and didnt want to have a $350 phone getting jacked up every couple of months). I have an HP ipaq 2055 which is strictly PDA. I have tested out the UTStarcom PPC6700 which is an extremely sweet phone. Its windows mobile 5.0 and has a full slideout kwerty keyboard. I would look at the Palm Treo 700wx. I know it says Palm but its actually windows powered. Thats just to show you the fact that not even palm can support its own phones with software correctly.

I would look at the Blackjack if you have ATT/Cingular
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Mobi...I607ZKACIN.asp

Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 PM

my friend just got that UTStarcom PPC6700 just a week ago.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:30 PM

+1 on HP ipaq, my roomate has one and they are awesome. I want one
________
latin girl Cam

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:37 PM

i've got the palm treo 650, and im very dissapointed with it, just a heads up. it's pretty cool, but sucks as a phone, and like telgren said, there isnt much software out there that support palm. ill have to look around to figure what i want next

Old 03-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

i've got the palm treo 650, and im very dissapointed with it, just a heads up. it's pretty cool, but sucks as a phone, and like telgren said, there isnt much software out there that support palm. ill have to look around to figure what i want next
if m thinking correct, the 650 is the one with win 5.0? we have 2 at our office i had to setup, i will agree it was a PITA to get syncing correctly, but i do think its a nice piece of equipment once its working, but we did have to return 2 of them. from my knowledge its the only one that will push email right now, but getting it to sync with exchange can be a bit tricky.

Quick Reply: PDA cell phone thingys...