Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Painful Decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Painful Decisions...

Well boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen, the day has come for me to decide what to do with my CBR... It has served me well, and has taken me to places I most probably otherwise wouldn`t have gone. I learned to ride big bikes with this thing, and basically rebuilt it during the last winter not counting the engine.

It`s a great bike, and probably will continue to serve the next owner for several years to come, but for me... Well, a lot has happened in the past six months in my life, and I now stand at a place where I`m forced to make decisions about it, as most of you know I just had my firstborn son five months ago so money is pretty tight right now as well as garage space so I just don`t have the funds or the space to hold two bikes...

Wait, what?!

Yup, just dragged this thing home today

A 2002-2003 Triumph Daytona 955i, sorry guys, not a blade nor a Hurricane, this guy I know has been dangling this bike in front of my nose the whole summer and when the opportunity came I decided to strike! You don`t have to send those "nice bike" posts as there is nothing nice about it but it`s mechanically sound and only has 25tkm on the clock, the fact that it`s butt ugly don`t bother me none cause pretty much the first thing I`m about to do to it is take it to million pieces and start the rebuild from the frame. I`m planning to do some kind of a cafè-fighter out of it, we`ll see what comes out of the garage when the snow melts as even I don`t know exatly just yet.

Would have been nice to take it out for a spin though, the bugger won`t start even with a new battery, and as I was fighting with it tonight I managed to crack one of the quick-releases that connect the fuel rail to the tank/pump

And don`t worry, I`m not selling the CBR before I get this thing completed, and you ain`t getting rid of me even when I do!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

You're right Mattson - that thing is butt-ugly!

I'm sure you'll have it looking sweet in no time. And you know you'll always be welcome in the Saloon. The stool in the corner has your name on it.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I might keep from the current look is the location of the front turning signals... or not. as I said everything is is still open.

Was thinking about putting a Koso RX-2 gauge to it (JNS ) deffy gonna ditch that front light, for colors I thought something like electric blue plastics around a golden frame, triple projector lights and so forth...

But what no one can deny is that engine is a BEAST! 955cc in only three cylinders, basically combines the good attributes of both inline AND a V-engine, torques like a freight train!

Gonna take my time with this one, as I already have the CBR to ride and to be honest am a bit reluctant to part with it I`m in no hurry to get the Daytona finished, we`ll see, as said a lot has happened in the past six months and I can reveal that much that some changes are still either happening or about to, more of them when they do