Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Overwhelmed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Overwhelmed

So much to do and I could use a lil help! Yesterday you-know-who took off work to go x-mas shopping.. and today trading a gun for a dirtbike. The kitchen is a disaster area. There are shopping bags n stuff everywhere. None of the decorations are up. I wanted to make baskets for all his extended family with mugs and tea and baked goods in them.. Oh yeah, and none of the presents are wrapped. I dunno how I'm going to do all this without some help. And I have people wanting last minute haircuts!! Gotta clean out the fridge and plan what sides are going with the ham on x-mas. And I haven't gone to the gym in 2 days and I feel really guilty about it. :-(

My parents are supposed to come over tonight and my mom is supposed to make cookies with me.. She won't answer her phone so I don't know where she is or if she's even still coming. I have probably 2 haircuts tonight. Crrrrap.

Anybody else??

Old 12-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can start by pressing the little "log out" button up in the corner of your screen

Old 12-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Multitask. Use the food processor to give the haircuts when it's free. Pam not only makes the cookies slide off the sheet but adds sheen to their freshly cut hair.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pam not only makes the cookies slide off the sheet but adds sheen to their freshly cut hair.
You can spray it in your snowblower, too, if it's clogging up on you. Ya know, in case you have some snow to clear in between the other stuff. lol..

Meggers, it's not even christmas eve yet. I vote that you grab a bottle of whiskey, pop a christmas movie in the blu-ray and say **** it. That's what I would do.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
...grab a bottle of whiskey...and say **** it.
THAT sounds like an excellent idea!

Old 12-24-2010, 08:24 AM

I feel ya. Ive been trying to do some last minuet things after work. Atleast you dont work xmas eve and xmas. I think ill be a good guy and let the other people go home once the workload is done.(Ever since being promoted i get the crappy shifts) haha

Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 AM

I was done Christmas shopping in November....I dont deal with all the idiots at the malls in December and I do most of my shopping online anyways. The decorations go up on thanksgiving night and the presents have been wrapped for weeks....

But last night my father in law got rushed to the hospital with chest pains and he was really dizzy and then passed out.....And the ****ty hospital basically said that the wont be able to do all the tests needed until Monday, so I guess if you get deathly ill on Christmas eve hopefully you can survive until the doctors feel like doing something...So my wife is pretty upset, it kind of ruined her Christmas cause her dad is an awesome guy and hes going to spend it in the ICU...

Old 12-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Administrator - Retired

THAT sounds like an excellent idea!
Well, she hasn't responded yet so she's either still running around like a crazy person trying to get things done... or she's passed out with an empty bottle of black velvet. lol..
(fingers crossed for the latter.. ha)

And N8, that really sucks. We went through a similar deal with my father a few weeks back. Doctors still aren't really sure why, but he was pretty dehydrated and his potassium was dropping. It's crazy that you can't get some tests run on christmas eve. Everyone is still working where I'm at. We get christmas day off, but I'm still on call for that and we're not even critical like a hospital should be. That's just messed up.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM

You should abandon everything else and go to the gym.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM

My list for today.. clean house.. get oil changed in car.. take recycling. I made it out of the house and am waiting for my oil change. Im pretty proud of myself for making it this far.

Wishing your family the best N8.