CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   outrunning a cop (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/outrunning-cop-22604/)

D2VW14_20 09-08-2006 06:02 PM

RE: outrunning a cop

Well, trooper crown vic police interceptor cars top out at 154 here, i dont know where you are they tip out at 124, that doesnt do a whole loota good.

hot sauce 09-08-2006 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

ouch time to find a new forum. everyone seems to hate you.

are you talking to me, if u are, i could give a **** who likes me on a internet forum

mjflagg 09-08-2006 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

Well, trooper crown vic police interceptor cars top out at 154 here, i dont know where you are they tip out at 124, that doesnt do a whole loota good.

If you were at a stand still, it would take you what would seem a long time to catch up to something that passed you doing 110. Doesn't matter what the top speed is on the interceptor, it matters how quickly he can get out and close the gap.

ORIGINAL: rippn
ADMINASTRATORS: I'm all for freedom of speach... but this posting about, behaviour that has HUGE odds, of killing someone... running from cops= OK and fun, has got to be ruled, about... I don't want to see anyone influenced, that it's cool or encouraged. It involves others.... police, traffic, riders, innocent bystanders and can justify, the leagal use, of deadly force, as an ending. Please, can this type of post not be tolerated... I await your reply... Clean and free, Ripp'n
Why delete the thread? Let it run its natural course, 'cause as you can tell, the general attitude here is that it is NOT ok to run from the cops.

Dave K 09-08-2006 11:25 PM

If you look close, are you in any of these pictures? https://cbrforum.com/m_155385/tm.htm

doggy69 09-08-2006 11:51 PM

[URL=http://www.modernracer.com/features/fordcrownvictoriacop.html]Cop Cars[/link

I got the 124 figure from a test a state highway patrol did on their crown vics.....the car isnt very powerful and the light bar is like a parachute...low pro light bar will help.....even the camaro with nearly 100 more hp better aero less weight only does 155 ish

My bike does 170+ and 600's are capable of 160+

chainstretcher 09-09-2006 12:40 AM

I work (until 10/27) for Ford Motor Co and we've never made a Crown Vic that'd do an honest 154mph -- EVER. And when you add all the crap that the po-po usually stuff in the trunk along with the lights and other computer goodies inside plus the extra capacity radiator and heavy duty tranny they'd top out lower than a stock Crown Vic if the stockers weren't restricted to 110. Think of it this way -- a stock 600RR tops out in the 172mph area and has around 105 hp pushing 500 lbs (with rider) and less frontal area than a Crown Vic. Crown Vic weighs 3927lbs without the police doo-dads and is pushing 250hp at the crank -- optimistically it may get 230hp at the wheel. A little over twice the power and about 8 times the weight. Car and Driver tried getting 150mph out of a civilian version and blew up 2 motors in the process. I believe they hit 150 briefly with the third motor but the weight was reduced by removing everything that isn't absolutely necessary.

Having said that:

Running from the cops is stupid. Some have already asked me to delete these type of threads and make it part of the rules to ban this sort of post. I'll bring it up to the other admins and moderators and we'll see.

BlindLOKI 09-09-2006 01:31 AM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

I work (untill 10/27)...
Thats good info, but from what I've heard the police interceptor versions get a buncha goodies OTHER than the excess baggage... is that true? from what the grapevine tells me they can hold the pedal to the floor for 150+ for 45 minutes or so on end due to the aftermarket components.... but, this is also the grapevine O_o...

About the running from the cops: Thanks Man! :eek: [>:] The next bike that cop sees... even 10-15 mph over the limit, on comes the cherries and the chase ensues. If he pulls over, the cop is gonna pull everything in the book to stick him with as much as possible. Why? Cause you brought him over the fence, to the side that dislikes sport bikes, the side that has seen what one reckless individual can do and the lives they can endanger.
If I get pulled Im gonna pull over ASAP. Im going to pull my key, have my bike on the sidestand, pull my helmet an set it on the tank, and wait patiently for the officer to do what he needs to do. Theres a chance he wants to tell me to slow down, take it easy, thanks for pullin over, bye bye. Now, because you ran him and endangered all those people, hes gonna be a prick. so again, I wanna say Thanks Man! FOR SH***ING on our plate :D have a good day

ORIGINAL: FastCRX

ouch time to find a new forum. everyone seems to hate you.
HAHAHAH +1... thats good sh**

chainstretcher 09-09-2006 01:43 AM

Only boost power wise is the 4.6L compression is bumped from like 9.4:1 to 9.6:1 and redline is raised a couple hundred. Really that's it. I've actually had cops tell me about their Vics going 150+ and when they find out I know what I'm talking about they'll smile and admit to high 120's as top speed. In their eyes it's better for you to believe that huge hunk of metal will run you down than actually having to prove it.

BlindLOKI 09-09-2006 01:44 AM

thats what I thought :D I figured somethin was up when I heard it through the grapevine hahahah thanks for the info... your full of all kinds of good info my friend, thank you

BrianAZ 09-09-2006 01:59 AM

The old Chevy Caprice were faster vehicles than the Ford Crown Vics. Most of the police Chevy's would top out in the 130's.