Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Out of balance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of balance?

Question. Picked up nail in rear. Got new 2ct’s. Front end shakes. Rear hops on corners. Out of balance? Ive got 12 tape weights on front rim?!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Out of balance?

very good possibility that it needs to be balanced or they didnt set the chain slack adjusters to each other

Old 07-18-2008, 12:56 PM

The slack adjusters are off by about a 32nd+.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 PM

thats enough to do it cause it ***** the tire to the side (lol i typed *****)

Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 PM

I do all the work on my dirt bike myself. And I always get them set the same. But I had a shop do the tires and mount. I just talked to the shop and asked them if 12 tape weights (on one wheel on one side) were a little extreme. He said yes. But said my wheel was prolly bent or warped. Bull **** its bent or warped! The bike was fine with my old tires. Then he said maybe the guy read the balance wrong. But this is coming from a place that scratched my tail, wheels and got mayo on my tail when using it as a lunch tray. They even had a guy working in parts who couldn’t switch out a helmet visor.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:45 PM

HOLYCRAP 12 WEIGHTS? I got like...2.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

I do all the work on my dirt bike myself. And I always get them set the same. But I had a shop do the tires and mount. I just talked to the shop and asked them if 12 tape weights (on one wheel on one side) were a little extreme. He said yes. But said my wheel was prolly bent or warped. Bull **** its bent or warped! The bike was fine with my old tires. Then he said maybe the guy read the balance wrong. But this is coming from a place that scratched my tail, wheels and got mayo on my tail when using it as a lunch tray. They even had a guy working in parts who couldn’t switch out a helmet visor.
Bro it's seriously time to switch shops. That's not cool at all

Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rider0033

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Bro it's seriously time to switch shops. That's not cool at all
OH I KNOW!!!!
Here is the story.
So a customer of mine (who is also a family friend) went out on a ride to a job site so I could get some specs for a door he wanted. We were stopped at a light and I let the clutch out a little and moved forward. Then I heard a loud pop. see below for more.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:45 PM

I couldn’t find the source of the sound so when the light turned green we went on our way. About a mile later the bike started to feel funny. Then when we turned left into the driveway I knew the rear was flat. When I looked at the rear it was completely out of air. We found a bicycle pump and put some air into it. The closest place was the shop I took it to. I limped it about 15 miles on the shoulder of the road because of dead stop traffic. Had to stop and pump it up about 5 times. People were getting soooo pissed when they saw us pass them on the shoulder. But staying in traffic would have got me nowhere. So we said screw it.
The only reason I took it to that place was because at the time I had no choice. But I can tell you guys that they will never get any of my business again. That place is a joke!

Quick Reply: Out of balance?