Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Other forums scare me

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Other forums scare me

So prepping for the arrival of my new pup, I've been scanning forums related to dogs, puppies and my dog's specific breed. And I gotta tell you, some of these people are scary

Posting messages as if your dog is the one tapping away at the keyboard isn't just worrisome. It's confusing as hell. Obviously no sane person expects a dog to be literate. So intentionally posting illiterately and from their interpretation of an alien perspective just has me going "WTF did you just say?!?"

I know we're bad on the acronyms like "FPR", "BAS"and "TPS" but at least they can actually be reasonably deciphered. But things like "Brofur", "GSD" and "MSD"?

Ok, we're Honda-biased here. But most of us aren't willing to physically battle for our preferred ride. Make a perceived slight against some of these people's breeds and they'll strangle you with their leashes!

My F4i and F3 have names, Ororo and Rain. Yes, on occasion I've spoken to them. I have not insisted that my girlfriend and I watch a specific tv program to keep either of them happy.

Anyone else find other forum denizens a little scary sometimes? Of course the one forum that literally scared me the worse will always be the Sony Playstation forums

Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The lingo in any new hobby certainly has a learning curve. I guess the personas do too!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol +1 to scary dog ladies on the net.

But usually i do not run into scary online forums. Mostly i run into forums full of flaming, nerd raging, stupidity, and E-thugging. Probably cuz i run around lots of gaming forums =P

Old 08-24-2010, 10:27 PM

HaHa, it is true. I frequent the scuba forums, and there are some you just want to go WTF???? Heck, even some of the other bike forums I get on I'd be real leery on meeting some of those peeps.

...by the way, a GSD is what I have...German Shepherd Dog.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they are some of the scariest people on the planet and I think they should be put to sleep along with their dogs because there's a good chance the dogs are also too far gone to recover.

My neighbor has chows. I don't like chows anyway, and she has a sign in her driveway that says "chow chow lane".
She also has one of those big gay flags in her back yard with a picture of a chow on it. Her whole back yard looks like a shrine for these stupid dogs.

And what's worse is that her dogs suck. They bark their ugly azzes off all the time, and one of them bit me through the fence.
The crazy beatch (neighbor) then told me that her dogs weren't actually barking at me, but rather "talking" to me because I remind them of someone else that they LIKE. (wtf?)
She also mentioned to my wife that the youngest of her dogs will be going to dog kindergarten soon. I'm getting enraged.

Oh, and the latest crazy bullchit is that she swears there's a groundhog living somewhere in my yard and that she fears it's gonna give her dogs rabies.
First off, the groundhog is living under our other neighbor's shed. Second, I don't give a ****.

I love dogs. I have a border collie and a golden retriever. Both of my dogs are more intelligent than my neighbor is. I've had dogs all my life. I've hunted with them, trained them, etc.
I love my dogs very much but get a ****in' grip.

I want to go on about how horrible many dog owners are about controlling and training their dogs, but I'm gonna spare you all the rant. (for now)

Old 08-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Life's too short for me to listen to some MUTT owner call their dog Schnookums...........cheese and rice, people get a life - REALLY.
I loved my dog (he's gone to the big garden in the sky) - 14 years of total love is more than you'll get from any human......and it'll be awhile before I can bring myself to bring another pup home.
Any dog that bit me through my fence would get to meet "Mr chips"
He's a chainsaw........

Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we all tend to humanise our dogs to some degree. And dogs being one of the most adaptable creatures around are more than happy to oblige & do some amazing things, but pretending or believing they are human is pretty weak.
I know these peoplel who asked us how we treated our dog, when we replied that we treated her like a dog they seemed put out & said they treat their cat's like members of the family. (Clueless to the fact that a dog is a member of the family regardless) Anyway the people set places for them at the table, they had their own little beds (& I'm not just talking a fluffy cushion to sleep on, but little beds with blankets & pillows) Ok the fact that both are screaming queens will probably come as no surprise.
A lot of people are making big money pandering to these type of people, even saw that a Cafe had opened some where exclusively for dogs.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a 'discussion' with one person about my dog. Apparently having a cream Shiba Inu is a serious fault according to the major kennel clubs (akc etc) and i asked why. This person called any breeder that bred for cream pups 'unethical' since they weren't breeding to the standard. Cream coloring is naturally occurring in the breed due to genetics.

I just felt it was strange to use a word as strong as 'unethical'. And I definitely got the feeling that unless the breeder bred specifically for showing or competitions, this person would consider the breeder unethical.

Its a dog. There are responsible, caring breeders who are breeding companion dogs. Pure breds whose purpose is to layabout the house, chew the furniture and whiz on any vertical standing object.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 PM

Holy crap, you want scary? Go to Craigslist and check out the "Rants and Raves" section! Talk about your lowest common denominators!

Old 08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yes, they are some of the scariest people on the planet and I think they should be put to sleep along with their dogs because there's a good chance the dogs are also too far gone to recover.

My neighbor has chows. I don't like chows anyway, and she has a sign in her driveway that says "chow chow lane".
She also has one of those big gay flags in her back yard with a picture of a chow on it. Her whole back yard looks like a shrine for these stupid dogs.

And what's worse is that her dogs suck. They bark their ugly azzes off all the time, and one of them bit me through the fence.
The crazy beatch (neighbor) then told me that her dogs weren't actually barking at me, but rather "talking" to me because I remind them of someone else that they LIKE. (wtf?)
She also mentioned to my wife that the youngest of her dogs will be going to dog kindergarten soon. I'm getting enraged.

Oh, and the latest crazy bullchit is that she swears there's a groundhog living somewhere in my yard and that she fears it's gonna give her dogs rabies.
First off, the groundhog is living under our other neighbor's shed. Second, I don't give a ****.

I love dogs. I have a border collie and a golden retriever. Both of my dogs are more intelligent than my neighbor is. I've had dogs all my life. I've hunted with them, trained them, etc.
I love my dogs very much but get a ****in' grip.

I want to go on about how horrible many dog owners are about controlling and training their dogs, but I'm gonna spare you all the rant. (for now)
hey now no hatin chow chows.... when i was a kid we had one named Bear. Chows are supposed to be aggressive breed but Bear was a big @$$ teddy bear and wouldnt hurt a fly lol he lived a long life though... i think he hit 16 in human years....i cried when he died.... what i was 2 he got out (leaving the door open for me) of the house and i followed him down the sidewalk lol my mom said i was all the way by the high school... which was like a mile from my house...

lol this is me back in the day with him when i was young and life was easy

Last edited by __Z__; 08-25-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Other forums scare me