Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ororo: Serious Dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a closet full of clothes I don't wear everyday.

Geez, scary to think about but.....

I have LITERALLY dozens of guns, guitars, pool cues, and watches that I collect. Don't use most of them daily. As long as they are stored correctly, are no finacial burden to keep and maintain properly I don't see any reason you HAVE to do anything with them as long as you enjoy having them for whatever reason that may be.

Now if you feel nothing by owning it, have no need and/or nothing to gain, then just sell it.

Shouldn't be a difficult thing to figure out. Certainly not serious.

Last edited by zaqwert6; 06-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I figured it out today when I rode Ororo to work and back: Yolie feels more planted on the road. Prolly cause she has better suspension. That and I've gotten used to the BMW's riding position.

Taking corners, accelerating, braking... I feel more attached to the bike on the BMW than the F4i. Nothing's changed on Ororo. She rides the same as before. I guess I never noticed it before. But I'll give it a fair shake: gonna take Ororo up to the guys that set Yolie's suspension and have the same done.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
I have a closet full of clothes I don't wear everyday.
Time to schedule SA truck....salvation army. Seriously...if it does not fit or out dated...donate it for good cause and get a nice write-off tax season..

Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by 74demon
Get a girlfriend and teach her how to enjoy riding....
I agree with this... get it lowered and teach your girl how to ride.

My girl just bought the new Ninja 250, its soo much fun riding next to her rather then her being on the back.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Time to schedule SA truck....salvation army. Seriously...if it does not fit or out dated...donate it for good cause and get a nice write-off tax season..
OMG dude, I give away so much clothes !!

I'm very active AND when I work it often requires a suit and tie so I get so much clothing as gifts and for holidays that goes straight into the closet. I've given away stuff that still has tags on it.

But it doesn't hurt anyone sitting in there until I need it (which was kinda my point) .....tillthat is, I need to make more room.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
August 2011 ROTM

My gsxr is ridden by a friend now. Gsxr was one of the possibles when I was first looking at bike and I wanted to get it last year and I got it. But I LOVE my cbr way much more than gsxr. At first, I was riding them alternately. but when my friend's gsxr had problem, I let him ride mine and he loves her as much as I love my cbr. And we still get to ride together (well, now I would have to wait until I'm able)

Speaking of clothing, I have my goodwill /salvation army moment. I will start to piling clothes that I don't wear on the floor and I will take them to make a room for more new clothes. Makes me happy and makes someone happy. It's a win win situation

Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
But seriously, motor up to Philly one weekend and I'll let you take Yolie out for a ride... so long as you promise not to drop her
I'll be up in 4 hours.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's what I notice many people (here is Amerca) they don't let go? Stored all their stuff filling up the entire garage, and park their cars outside...learn to give...charity...it's the best feeling ever...but of course stay within your means...don't go giving away your F4i...LOL...you can if you can afford it. Sorry for going off topic...but say Jay Leni, in reality does he need all those bikes he collects? Well, he can afford to so why not...so the question is, can you afford to & do you have the time to TLC her....

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
OMG dude, I give away so much clothes !!

I'm very active AND when I work it often requires a suit and tie so I get so much clothing as gifts and for holidays that goes straight into the closet. I've given away stuff that still has tags on it.

But it doesn't hurt anyone sitting in there until I need it (which was kinda my point) .....tillthat is, I need to make more room.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Practically speaking, if the bikes in your stable don't serve distinctly different functions, you're just starting a museum collection. By that I mean sport vs touring, track vs street, dirt vs street, etc. You'll always tend to gravitate to the one that fulfills the particular role best, ignoring the other(s).

.......if no one is throwing a leg across her saddle
in the next year, she's still a wasted use of resources.

Ern
Well said!

I have three in the garage. My CBR1000F that I have a 3-bag system for is my Sport-slash-touring bike.

My Stratoliner S is my cruiser that I can change form 2-up w/windshield to naked, solo saddle bike with two turns of a key. I also haul my golf clubs on that one. I put 235 miles on it Sunday.

My DRZ400 is my off road bike but it's also my motard bike. I put 165 miles on that one yesterday with about 1/2 of that in the woods. Deep in the woods and DEEP in the mud. I am aching today. I call it my errand bike because it's light and gets 65 MPG and fun to run around getting things.

I wouldn't bring home a Goldwing because I have a touring bike. I wouldn't bring home a dirt bike because I have a dual sport bike already and so on.

With two similar bikes one has to go. The longer you hang on to things the lesser their value tends to be. I ride my bikes all the time. Sometimes I get off one and get right on another for a different purposes. I love the combo I have now. It's like 6 bikes in three. At some point I would like a classic bike again (should not have sold that 1979 CB750L when I moved). The problem with the classic bike is that I wouldn't ride it and it would take up space.

I don't buy similar gun either. There's no point in that. Upgrades are good however but the old must go.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

If you don't need the money then keep it. Your not doing it any dis-service by not riding it often, your saving it for when your older and recall all the fond f4i memorys. Except you still have a perfectly good f4i to go out and ride!

Quick Reply: Ororo: Serious Dilemna