Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oritz v Shamrock 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oritz v Shamrock 3

How many of you watched that disappointment last nite? I honestly think that it was just a bunch of bullsh*t about how relaxed Shamrock was before the fight. Shamrock knew he was gonna get stomped the minute he signed up for the fight. Tito looked impressive. Not only did he kick Shamrock's *** but hes also dating Jenna Jameson. Sign me up for Ultimate Fighter 5!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Default RE: Oritz v Shamrock 3

Did kinda suck, but at least it wasn't close, so were not gonna see ortiz/shamrock 4,5 and 6 !! I think he knew he was gonna lose, and wanted to act like he didn't care, just like he did at the weigh in. Kinda sad, but after seeing the way he treated the guys on his team on the UF show, i wasn't too impressed w/him anyway. Was glad to see ed herman get his *** kicked too, even if it was by a canadian !! Kid was WAY full of himself on the show.

CAN'T WAIT FOR ORTIZ/LIDDEL !!! Thats gonna be a good fight !!!

Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM

COME ON, not impressed with shamrock. I will agree last night he looked terrible, but in the past he was badass. Last night looked like a replay of the other fight. I wish Tito would have gotten up and been like lets slug this out and give the fans a good show

Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 PM

I didn't mean it like that !! The guys a fing monster... no doubt. His tude rubs me the wrong way, esp when you compare it to tito's when they were both coaching UF series. I just wonder about a guy who had to know he was gonna get spanked blurting all the smack-talk. Showmenship i get, but you would think s/thing along the lines of "i'm gonna give it my best" would be a whole lot better than the "i'm gonna knock him silly" ranting !! It was shamrock who caused it to be a short fight !! He(tito) told e/body what he was going to do, and did it. No tricks.... fights over. I know he was the man back in the day !! Was nice to see em make up tho !! I fealt so warm-n-fuzzy !! [sm=love.gif]

All the whining about the last fight was a little overblown too. Yes it was stopped to soon.... by about three punches/elbows !!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Retired Moderator

I am not even surprised what happened last night, and I'm sure you guys are not, either. Shamrock is just way past his prime. He doesn't have the physical ability to match up anymore. Put him in the ring with Dan Sevron or Marc Coleman, maybe, then we're talking. Hell, put him in with Royce Gracie...then you might have something. Tito is too young and strong for Shamrock. I am REALLY looking forward to Liddell/Ortiz II! Besides the past three victories over Shamrock, he has only won a split decision vs Forrest Griffin (I thought he lost that fight!!!), split decision against Vitor Belfort, won vs Patrick Cote (not an impressive fighter IMO), and lost to Liddell and Couture. I am looking for him to really win a fight against a good opponent. I would love to see him beat Liddell but I don't see anyone beating that man for a while.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM

Thats gonna be a great fight !! I haven't spent the $$ on a ppv yet, but that one is tempting !

Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 PM

shamrock is just getting too old. he was a great fighter, but his old age is catching up to him. I didn't see this fight but I did see the last fight and he doesn't have the fatigue that he use to have, did tito mess his face up like last time? Shamrocks face last time was just one big swollen bruise.......

ORTIZ/LIDDEL will be a great match, but I dont see Tito winning that match.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:51 PM

Not nearly as bad, but he was not too purty.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Retired Moderator

What about that guy Wanderlei Silva "The Ax Murderer" from Brazil? He holds a belt from the Pride Fighting Championship. I don't know anything about him, but he is also supposed to fight Chuck Liddell.

Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silva -vs- Liddell ????!!!!!!!!! I'd pay to be AT that one !!!!!!!!!!
I love pride fighters... I'd love to see "cross over " fights !!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Quick Reply: Oritz v Shamrock 3