Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Organ Donor

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Organ Donor

So today i got my motorcycle license and i had to refill all my license stuff so i can get a new one. Well ever since i got my drivers license i never really put any thought into being a organ donor i alway's just circled yes and figured if i could help someone out why not, Well today during me filling out the paperwork i circled no for organ donor and decided not to do it anymore until i talk to my family about it. Does anyone else have to fill out a form like this to become a donor? Are you a organ donor ? Why ?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Organ Donor

i am an organ donor...if im already gone, and my kindey or whatever can help someone...why would i care, i dont need it where im going!

Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 AM

i smoke, drink, everything.....i wanna be an organ donor, i wanna help others but nothing in my body is good still..hehehehe.
i guess they can take whatever useable..

Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Mad

I am a donor. I figure since I want to be cremated then they can take what they want and burn the rest. Why not help someone else out?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 AM

I not only a donor, I a recipient. Gotta piece of cadaver bone, laminated to my (Formerly broken) neck bones (C-5, 6, &7). I wanna get a DNR (Do Not Resussitate order.)tatted on my chest, so they won't bring me back. Requiems onna ipod, too, for soundtrack. Pax, G.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 AM

PsycoJ,

I would say no to donating for the simple fact that I think it's gross and <---(superstitious) being semi spiritualist.

Other things being, if you're an unknown like most of us are...ex: chances to live 60/40...doc: Let's cut him /her up and take out his organ s, he's a donor, besides whats a lousy 60% of him living anyways best offgiving it to some celebrity.

So no n'ver. I would also rather die too then recieve some one else's body part. If we believe in the bible and GOD like most y'alls claim to then why be scare of going to heaven or hell.

I tell this to my woman and every women. If you get / have implants, this is what GOD will say to you when you get to heaven:

"What is this? I did not make you! Be gone demon for I did not put them things in you and I do not recognize you!"

Same goes to organs.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i consider myself a fairly religious person...however i do believe that God is a loving and caring God...so if i give up a part of me to save someone else, i dont think that he would condemn me for it...

*my bad if i crossed over the "dont talk about religion" line that was warned about in the rules of the cbr forum...dont want to start a holy war!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: Mad

I am a donor. I figure since I want to be cremated then they can take what they want and burn the rest. Why not help someone else out?
+1

Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 AM

i am a youth pastor and an organ doner. I hope i dont burn for that lol. but just so you know what is on the card doesnt mean squat if your family does not know your a doner. in that area what they say goes. if they dont know, your not a doner,no mater what you drivers license says.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Retired Moderator

The body is a shell. I have no use for my "guts" if I die so...have at them! The talk about it being gross is a really off the wall argument for me. I'm not picking, but you know what is more gross...childbirth. There is a purple squished thing that comes out of a tiny opening followed by a bunch of blood and guts and ooze...disgusting! I am being sarcastic, and not sarcastic at the same time. It makes me queezy thinking about it, but it is perhaps the most beautiful thing in the world. I can only hope to save another person, and give the joy of live to the family and friends of a person needing an organ. I think anyother choice is a selfish one. Understand, that is my firm opinion, and not a knock on anyone.

Quick Reply: Organ Donor