Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ordeal with Insurance OVER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordeal with Insurance OVER!

That's right, it's now finished. I got a $1000 check for a replacement helmet/jacket/gloves/boots. A $500 check for medical (a couple scrapes on my knee), and $7700 for my bike (I owed $7000 even) So that means I'm getting another $700 back. So not that much of a screwed-in-the-*** from the insurance, but a pain-in-the-*** nonetheless.

So Saturday, I'm picking up my new 2007 red/black 600RR. I applied for the new loan today (got a few % lower than my previous loan, WOO!) and will fax over my information to the dealer tomorrow to seal the deal. So this Saturday, I'll have a new 07 600RR. Just in time too, the rental car is due back on Wednesday, so I'll have to pay out of my pocket for a rental for 2 days.

But there is some sad, sad news. They want far too much for my 06 600RR for buy back. They're saying I could buy it back for a bit over $2000. I would if I had some extra cash right now, but I'm a bit down on money right now (being the time of season, and wrecking the bike), and I still have to buy new gear AND a new bike. So sadly, I'm going to have to let my 06 go. I really feel sick about it, and I really don't want to. But I just can't afford to buy it back right now (not to mention, the frame is slightly bent). It would have made a great track bike too, but would have been a money pit at the same time. Not to mention right now I need to focus on paying off debt, not adding to it. So I'm playing Mr. Mature here and not opting to buy-back my bike.

So please, a moment of silence for my previous bike, my 2006 600RR. She will be missed.

Name:  mountain-02.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  148.2 KB

Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordeal with Insurance OVER!

good to hear that you are coming out ok. Sorry to hear about the 06, however, I think you are making the right choice. I put enough money into one bike. I couldn't imagine having two bikes. I would be broke.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Glad to see it over with. Sorry about having to say goodbye to the 06'.

Cant wait to see the pics of the new ride.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RIP Foxy's '06 600RR

Sucks they wanted so much to buy it back, but from the sound of it you're doing the right thing and not getting in over your head financially. Hell later on down the road if you just want a track bitch you could probably get a good used SV650 or something like that for the same price, unless you specifically want to track the RR.

Glad to hear it's all over though and they didn't give you the shaft. Sounds like you made out pretty good! Congrats on the new '07!!!! Can't wait to see some kick *** pics... I know you're gonna go take some soon as you get it, lol

Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 PM

It's not like you wrapped it around a tree or plowed a furrow in concrete. The frame isn't bent--that's just what you're telling yourself so that when some lucky guy buys it at auction for $3400, you won't feel bad someone is boinking your ex-girlfriend...that you dumped...but still love.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM

Glad to hear its done with, and they didnt screw you too bad.

Sorry bout your 06' Bet its hard to part with her.

Well, make sure you keep us updated on your new bike, Im sure it will end up being even more sexy than your last. Cant wait to see what you do to her!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Where you able to pull the HID's out? I'd take the old bulbs to the bike and pull the hids.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:13 PM

Man, it's sad to see a great lookin bike like that go.... cant wait to see the upcoming changes to the 07' when you get it

Old 01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

It's not like you wrapped it around a tree or plowed a furrow in concrete. The frame isn't bent--that's just what you're telling yourself so that when some lucky guy buys it at auction for $3400, you won't feel bad someone is boinking your ex-girlfriend...that you dumped...but still love.
Right on the neck of the frame, there's a large gash on the left side. The insurance told me that the shop told them the frame was bent, so who knows.

And I swear if my bike ends up as a stunt bike, I'll murder someone. [:@]

Where you able to pull the HID's out? I'd take the old bulbs to the bike and pull the hids.
Can't. I claimed the HID's, Rizoma's, Chain and Sprockets, Rear Tail and the seat cowl under the claim. So they reimbursed me for that stuff, and kept it on the bike. I couldn't touch the bike even if I wanted to anyway. Since the insurance paid to have the bike towed there, only the insurance could get the bike out of the shop. Either way though, I was reimbursed.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
RCR

well $1000 + $500 + $700 = $2200

Just add the gear to the fianancing and get it all. 07 street and a 06 track bike.

Quick Reply: Ordeal with Insurance OVER!