Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Opinions on this car please??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Opinions on this car please??

hey guys :-) ..I have been thinking of a change in car for a while and wanted something smaller and more frugal on petrol yet still be sporty and fun ..I dont want a run of the mill boring hatchback or anything but yesterday I saw this at our local garage and kinda really fell for it ..its a 2001 model MGF softop ...I got a very brief test drive and it felt light fast and fun to drive, its mid engined ..now please bear in mind I am not rich like some of you guys so the car is older by necessity and quite cheap I think at £2500 or so ... I can afford to pay cash for this car and not have to have finance on it so I would own it!! :-)

Also we live in a rural area with nice small country lanes and roads ideally suited to a small sports car ..I got to admit I like the idea of the softop for the nice sunny days too ...

Here it is in gold which I think makes it look a little more classy than the usual red or British racing green you often see them in ..

What do you guys think?? ..remember its for me, not for you, so please dont judge it by your big *** monsters and huge roads ..lol

I know its only a small toy to some of you but its all I need as my first love is bikes and this little car will still allow me to get a 600RR when ready without breaking the bank

Oh and one more thing it is in mint original condition with only a genuine 40,000 miles on the clock

Jules

Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Opinions on this car please??

It's cute Jules.It justscreams "chic car"...lol.

Hey, if it's fun for you and you canafford it and you aren't too attached to your last car and all of it's horsepower, there's no reason not to go for it. A friend of mine has a soft top convertable Miata and it'sa blastto drive, if not a bit small for me (my head sticks up above the windshield...that makes me nervous...lol). What sort of milage improvement over your Ford are we talking about here?

One thing I would have them do first, though,isswitch the steering wheel over to the correct side of the car!!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 AM

its cute....looks like a miata.

um...psst Jules??

the steering wheel is on the wrong side...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pamw

the steering wheel is on the wrong side...

But Pam, if you look very carefully .. the steering wheel is on the "right" side of the car!! ;-)

Jules

Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Looks a sweet little thing Jules a great girlie mobile

2500 pounds sound very cheap , but WTF would I know about British car prices hey

At the moment you multiply British pounds by 3 = aussie $

The MG looks like a nice little bit of kit to drive around in the fantastic county side you live in.
Perfect for going down the local for a pint of warm beer, the local bobbies only ride pushbikes or old BSA's (true, I've seen it on Heartbeat), so you should have no problem seeing them off.
Don't do an Isadora & start wearing long scarfs with the top down (remember wot happened to her). Buy it if you fancy it Jules, just as long as its not Claude Greengrass thats selling it.(or some bloke caller Arfur)

Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 AM

yea yea...i think the UK....down under and hong kong are the only back ward countries .......

btw....is the shifter on your bike on the right side of the bike and the brake pedal on the left????

Quick Reply: Opinions on this car please??