Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Open carry in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open carry in Texas?

I'm not so sure about open carry yet, for myself. I have a CCW permit and carry daily. While open carry "may" deter some punks from trying dumb ****, other more brazen punks may see it as an opportunity. I personally like the element of surprise, only let your attacker set it when your ready to let her smoke.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM

well said cracker

Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

I'm not so sure about open carry yet, for myself. I have a CCW permit and carry daily. While open carry "may" deter some punks from trying dumb ****, other more brazen punks may see it as an opportunity. I personally like the element of surprise, only let your attacker set it when your ready to let her smoke.

Some, like you, see it that way. I can very well see that point, I can't say I disagree with it at all, but I see the other side as well. I'm all for people taking responsibility for their safety, I'd rather see a gun in the hand of a victim as opposed to a phone dialing 911.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Ohio is open carry and in my whole life I have only seen 2 people carry pistols openly who were not cops. Most people just dont see the need. I think it should be your right but I think concealed is safer and a better deterant. During hunting season me and a buddy carried shotguns right into a store to buy snacks, Nobody said a thing, we were in hunting gear and honestly, in southern Ohio, 99% of the people either hunt or their family hunts, guns are a way of life....... I feel safer believing someone in the crowd has one,than knowing its illegal for anyone to have one.......

Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 PM

How about legistration concentrate more on important things like ****ing cell phone use in cars. I've never heard of someone dying cause they didnt see some one's weapon on the outside of their jacket.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

I used correctly the person with the gun will not be a victim. I see what you meant to say but you worded it badly.

Some, like you, see it that way. I can very well see that point, I can't say I disagree with it at all, but I see the other side as well. I'm all for people taking responsibility for their safety, I'd rather see a gun in the hand of a victim as opposed to a phone dialing 911.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM

And as far as a concealed weapon being a deterent, are you friggin kidding me? I'd rather a criminal see my gun first and decide to go pick on easier prey then wait till they are in my face with whatever weapon they have so I can hopefully have the time and opportunity to pull out a concealed weapon.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 PM
RCR

Only wackos want to walk around with a gun on their hip[&:]its not the old west anymore..

Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

Only wackos want to walk around with a gun on their hip[&:]its not the old west anymore..

Let me guess, you're a democrat and you voted for Obama. Am I right?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM

i just read the first couple posts, but in phoenix,az seeing someone with a gun on their waste is like seeing a guy with a watch. it was crazy when i first got there but after i lived there for a bit it was just common. i had been to blockbuster video, 7 eleven and even grocery stores with a glock n my side with no alarmed patrons. when i moved from phoenix i felt it was weird that no one was carrying a gun. and by the way google phoenix's crime rate. people are waaaaaay less likely to fool around when it is just expected that everyone has a gun.

Quick Reply: Open carry in Texas?