Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Online purchases :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online purchases :(

Alright... I'm starting to get a little miffed. Several months ago I did some looking around and I decided I wanted a set of HRC resevoir covers. Place most people recommended would be a link to the website run by the people of Trademark Motorsports. So, I figured why not, and placed my order. On November 6th my payment was varified as recieved, and I began waiting.

Fast forward to now... I STILL don't have my covers. Now, I can understand shipping time, delays for the holiday's, whatever... but isn't pushing over 2 months a little extreme? I sent them an e-mail today about it and tried to be friendly, but did say that if I haven't heard word in 3 days I'll file a claim with paypal. (I've done it before when I didn't recieve my goods as promised and didn't hear from the seller at all for a couple of months.) I both love and hate the internet. You can find just about anything you want and someone who will ship it to you for a fee, and you can find great deals to boot! However, you trade that off for sometimes shifty sales, poor customer service, and sometimes minimal guarantee's.

Okay... end very mild rant. It's just starting to **** me off. I like to think of myself as a patient guy. Anyway... anybody else have similar experiences when online purchases?

Old 12-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Online purchases :(

Anything you get online should be at your house within 2 weeks. I buy crap online all the time, you wait about 1-3 days before they ship the item and 1 week while its being shipped. Any longer after that than something has gone wrong. You might want to file something with Paypal right now because I think you have a time period before you wont beable to. I think its 60 days but it could be 30. You might have screwed yourself over waiting so long.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:05 PM

I try to get a tracking number and have shipments insured with major carriers (FedEx or UPS only if possible). I will purposely avoid sellers using the USPS or no name shippers or sellers who do not provide a tracking number/insurance/delivery signature requirement. I will usually email a seller before buying to make sure that my demands as a buyer will be met.

I've been screwed before by the post carrier just leaving a package at my apartment door (which I never got but was marked as delivered by the driver). Just recently, I found the USPS had left my leather suit on my porch while I was away for Christmas. I was pissed when I came back and saw it there. Anyone could have taken it. The USPS also doesn't care about your package or finding it if it's lost. Their services can not compete with customer oriented businesses like UPS and FedEx. At least you have some recourse with UPS or FedEx if they lose something. Plus, USPS tracking is a joke.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usaully have anything I order online within a weel at most.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM

never had a problem--bought a lot of stuff on Ebay.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM

yep you are getting screwed. If its not here within 1 - 1 1/2 weeks chances are its never coming. Then again this last x-mas someone got a x-mas card from 1947 or something like that. So if you feel like waiting that long...

Old 12-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Ugh... I just checked... you've got 45 days to report a despute... and I'm out of my timeframe. *sigh* Well, hopefully I get some information from the owners themselves via e-mail. If not, I'll give them a call on the second.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:07 PM

i never in 5 yrs had any issues with buying online. i only buy from brad/mary at superbikesupply.com (site sponcer) or nick or brian at sportbiketrackgear.com (friends shop/store/online store).

good luck man, and file a dispute

Old 12-31-2007, 07:24 PM

Lrrn2go,

I ordered my HRC covers from those guys...they were fast and right on it. Got mine in like 4 days....they must have lost your order or something (computers arent perfect...none of us have EVER had to do Ctrl Alt Delete....nope...no sir). Your on the right track..get a hold of them and I'm sure you'll get it cleared up and on the way. Just for clarity sakes...this is the place I got mine from...your the same correct!??!?!

http://www.trademarkmotorsports.com/hrc-covers.html

[sm=signs003.gif] Chris

Old 12-31-2007, 08:05 PM

I'm sure PayPal has a limit on the # of days you can wait before you file a complaint. I think it's 30 or 60 but after that it's considered a done deal since you never filed a complaint, if I were you I'd file one now, because you can always cancel the complaint if a. get the item or b. the seller responds and ships the item. PayPal will wait 7 days for the seller to reply before they start any investigations. I've gone through this because I bought something off eBay and the seller didn't reply to me after I paid him.

Quick Reply: Online purchases :(