Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Olympics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Olympics anyone?

ORIGINAL: tomp

Nastia Luikin is hot and the only gymnist of age.

I've been watching the olympics a lot this year more than any other, although i favor the winter olympics.
What about the 33 year old Russian mom hat is now on the German team? She won a bronze I think in the vault...

She does look like a boy with her short hair and muscular body, but that wouldn't stop VooDoo from hitting it, I'm sure.

I am now looking forward to the track and field and leaving the little girls and Phelps behind. I am very happy for him and the USA, but time to move on. Plus the sprinter chicks are all of age, I believe....lol. They usually only look good from the back, however.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM

Tomp... i belive alicia sacramone is of age... she goes to Brown atleast.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

Tomp... i belive alicia sacramone is of age... she goes to Brown atleast.
I wonder what she would think if I went to brown...The Fudgerammer rules! Gold Metal in poop shootery...

Old 08-19-2008, 12:04 AM

i just watched the uneven bars and watched them rip off the american girl and give the 13 year old china girl the benefit of the tie breaker for a routine that shouldnt have even been tied with the american to start with.
even the announcer pointed out like 4 errors on teh chinese girl and 1 on the american girl. it was pretty gay

Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: G3NESYS

i just watched the uneven bars and watched them rip off the american girl and give the 13 year old china girl the benefit of the tie breaker for a routine that shouldnt have even been tied with the american to start with.
even the announcer pointed out like 4 errors on teh chinese girl and 1 on the american girl. it was pretty gay
To be in the fair side, I was watching the men's weightlifting 85kg a few days ago; this china guy was going for his gold on a 115kg bar on his second attempt. He manage to lift it, the coaches and crowd went wild for a moment. A few minutes later the judges disqualified the lift, stating some technical errors on the lift; the position of his wrist was improper it seems. Nevertheless he went out again for his third attempt and finish it off with a bang!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:51 AM

Dude did anyone see the Hungarian lifter who dislocated his elbow lifting 148kg? Flip that was a nasty one!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 09:24 AM

I have pretty much stopped watching Gymnastics for that reason G3nysis. I competed in springboard diving for 8 years, and being in a sport where you are objectively judged is rough. There are ALWAYS people whom you feal "have it out for you." consistantly giving a 1-2 whole points less than the average. this year at championships, that judge happened to be the coach of the guy who beat me.

i gave up on gymnastics Cheng Fei the chinese girl knocked out alicia sacramone from the bronze with a vault that litterally landed on her knees.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Yeah I feel that this Olympics is really biased. I feel for London who is getting the Olympics next as the Olympics is going to lose a huge following due to this scandal in Beijing.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: G3NESYS

Oh man, the Chinese got gifts from the judges in like every event...it was so bogus. Then that Bela Carolyi guy would go nuts and start crying cause some lil girl got ripped off, I think it def detracted from the gymnastics as a whole. The judges were def favoring the Chinese gymnasts and some of the scores were ridiculous, like the knee touch on that Chinese girls vault.

The Chinese men, however, were dominant. Those guys on the still rings are crazy.