Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Olympics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Olympics anyone?

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

I'm surprised voodoo didn't have any comments about girls in leotards and beach volleyball babes... actualy i'm more than surprised, i'm kind of disappointed!
Dude...I totally spanked it to the womeng's gymnastic overall winner. I'm not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that)...[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-16-2008, 12:56 AM

haha... THAT'S the voodoo i was looking for. even though Nastia Liukin would't get my vote for being the hottest.

Also, contrary to Jfunk's assumption, NOT all male divers are gay, myself being a prime example. true, some are, same with gymnastics, but the overwhelming majority is not.

I'm pissed i missed Phelp's swim tonight, winning by only .01 seconds, i'm sure it was intense, but i was at a concert. so i'll have to settle for tivo.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: dinez74

Jules, you should be really good in swimming with all the experience. Im a swimmer too and its not easy to really swim in the sea. Now the compliments had came, where is the pics?
I loved swimming in the sea and I was a very strong swimmer back in my mid 20s but its been a few years now ... mostly I just walk along the waters edge with my jeans turned up these days ..lol ..or just sit and watch the waves ..old age gets the best of us and we become somewhat nesh ..lol ...plus I am very scrawny just now so the cold would hit me extra hard ..

It is very rocky around the quay ...

Here is the difference between high and low tide ..its a huge tide rise, quite a difference!!
Look how low the sea is in the below pic ...

Now see how far its come up to the quay itself ...

..and just around the corner from here is Barafundle Bay, the most beautiful beach in the UK :-)

Jules

Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 AM

I truely envy you Jules. you have some of the most beautiful palces i have ever seen right around your front door. The water that close to my house is the long isnland sound, where you can't see your own feet if you are standing in it up to your knees.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:20 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev
I truely envy you Jules. you have some of the most beautiful palces i have ever seen right around your front door. The water that close to my house is the long isnland sound, where you can't see your own feet if you are standing in it up to your knees.

I am going back down there next week for a couple of weeks ..yeeay!! :-) .. I cant wait!! .. I just hope the sun shines because I want to take about a gazillion pictures this time, I always try to capture the heart and soul of a place with pixels but the truth is you never can ..you can get close but never close enough ... the water down there is beautiful too, its always a deep green or deep blue depending on how the sun hits it and the light intensity. The waters all around the Pembrokeshire coast are very clear and you can see well down into them ... the beaches are all blue flagged too, its wonderful for swimming, kayaking or just walking around the coast paths!! :-)

Jules

Old 08-17-2008, 06:01 AM

too many commercials kinda kills the mood...i love teh olympics but not the advert marathons from NBC..i'm just on this thread for swimming pics of Juls too lol

Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I'm a good swimmer too Spirit; my house is a few kilometers away from the sea. Have some pics of me at the beach, would you like to see? hahahaha

Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 PM

Nastia Luikin is hot and the only gymnist of age.

I've been watching the olympics a lot this year more than any other, although i favor the winter olympics.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why most of the female athletes have small *****??

Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 AM

Power to weight ratio is better, and aerodynamics