Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Olympics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Olympics anyone?

No, don't it enjoy it anymore, only just catch up with the highlights on the news. TV stations expect everyone to be looking at it so they don't even bother putting anything decent on to compete with it. My personal opinion, sure make it in Greece every four years, stop the B.S. & all that money wasted on wot is basically a sports carnival for grown ups. Pollies here are saying we (Australia) broke even from hosting it last time, which is total crap. The fireworks alone cost millions of $$$$'s, & we now have to live with sub standard roads & health care. I see China has evicted thousands, so that the visiting guests don't get to see the 'Bad' side, could go on, but the games are not worth the effort.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I like to watch the swimming and diving ...

I used to be a very strong swimmer in my 20s and swimming was my main fitness routine :-)

Jules

Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Any pics Jules?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: dinez74

^^ Any pics Jules?
Pics of me swimming?? ..yes actually I do ..

Jules

Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's true over here in S.A too. The Olympics is very subtle over here. I can bet you that most people over here dont even know its happening. There used to be banners and advertisements everywhere you go but now there are only a few adverts on the telly. I watched some of the X-Games this year and it was off the hook!!! I would watch the X-Games any day over the Olympics

Old 08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Retired Moderator

I've been Tivo-ing the whole thing (NBC). The Russian judge is a cheater. I love thebeach volleyball (men and womens), swimming, and well...all of it. I think China basically is beinghanded some events no questions asked. Maybe it is just me. A girl from Oregon won the gold in fencing. COOL!!! I think they should call it swashbuckling, though. That would make it way cooler. I can't wait for the track and field events. That is probably my favorite.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: dinez74

^^ Any pics Jules?
Pics of me swimming?? ..yes actually I do ..

Jules
...I dont see any...

Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 PM

I like beach and regular volleyball... women's that is.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM

I'm surprised voodoo didn't have any comments about girls in leotards and beach volleyball babes... actualy i'm more than surprised, i'm kind of disappointed!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I've been Tivo-ing the whole thing (NBC). The Russian judge is a cheater. I love thebeach volleyball (men and womens), swimming, and well...all of it. I think China basically is beinghanded some events no questions asked. Maybe it is just me. A girl from Oregon won the gold in fencing. COOL!!! I think they should call it swashbuckling, though. That would make it way cooler. I can't wait for the track and field events. That is probably my favorite.
+1, I'd love to watch professional swashbuckling!!!

I've been watching a ton of the olympics, I ran track for 8 years (high school and NCAA div. 1) so I'm looking forward to that, but I can appreciate all the atheletes, even in archery and shooting events - those may not be "athletic sports" but they take a ton of skill and dedication to training, which I can appreciate.

oh, and i'm convinced phelps is an alien. no human can be that good.