Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Olympics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olympics anyone?

I'm really surprised it has taken this long for an olympics thread to pop up, so i figured why not start it...

anyone watching? following a specific sport? see any highlights you wanna share?

personally i have been watching swimming and diving, because i myself am a springboard diver, and actually trained with a kid who made it to trials, and missed going to the olympics by 0.40 points. i'm getting a little sick of michael phelps, because it's all they talk about. i appreciate the amazing athlete he is, and the incredible performances he has put up, but come on, there are other things oing on. like Misty may-treanor and Kerry Walsh still remaining undefeated in doubles beach volleyball at over 100 matches and almost approaching a full year.

So like i said, i figured i would just open up the door. I have been watching every day, so i have alot to talk about haha, just no one to talk about it with!

DISCUSS!

Old 08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Default RE: Olympics anyone?

I've seen a couple events... pretty boring for the most part... I'm waiting for the bike races on the 20-24th

Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 PM

I'm watching the volleyball right now...

But the track and field stuff does it for me... 4 x 100 relay...long jump..pole vault etc

GO USA [sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 PM

It's alot more interesting if you actually get into the whole thing, rather than check in and see some chick doing a balance beam routine.

I guess its all about what you're into. me being a swimmer, i enjoy that, cause i know what to look for. I do also like polevault becuase i did that in Highschool. for the most part the running bores me. but i freakin LOVE volleyball. never did it competitively but play all the time on the beach. its amazing to watch these guys.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 PM

I wouldn't mind watching the track and field stuff... I'm just sick of seeing boxing and equestrian "sports"

Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 PM

I train with Phelps[&:]

Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 PM

haha Gibson, you must be watching on the wrong channel. i haven;t seen a single boxing or equestrian event... actually if I recal, they only play equestrian stuff on the "oxygen" chanel. I've been watching NBC.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

rigged rigged rigged

China is so fuc^ing full of **** that I'm boycotting the whole thing..

s0p0 china!

Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 AM

I'm with Rojer about china, i think it was a mistake to have it there, it has become far too political, and lost the true meaning of the events, being the athletes.

and i DO think those stupid chinese gymnasts are underage (supposed to be 16 to compete, rumors that 2 of the girls are 14 and 15, and everytime someone comes up with evidence online, the source and the evidence mysteriously disapears, but seeing as the chinese government selects these kids from the time they can walk, whose to say they can;t fake papers... afterall, the best fakes are the legitimate ones.)

Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had been watching all the sports. The best till date was the 4x100m freestyle swimming where 4 countries broke the world record. Can't wait for the track & field.