Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Old People

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old People

Be carefull wot you say about old people!. Jeez. Just because their old does not mean that they don't like checking out someones ride, god , the amount of conversations I've had with "Older" having a look over my bikes, turns out, most of em rode bikes to (& still do) Group I ride with has a guy over 70, current ride is a VFR800.
That said, Sometimes when I overtake, I pretend that I'm peddling real hard, they either crack up and laugh or just look stunned.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always wave to the young ones, they get such a kick out of it, you can see em going crazy when you do. Like momomomomomomomom that guy heeeeee waved at me momomomomomom it was sooooooooooo coooool!
lol
Was coming out of the doctor on wednesday with my son and wife and we were loading him in my wife's car. When the little old lady from the waiting room walked by and pointed to my bike and said; "when he's older you'll have to get him one of these." (he's 3 months) I told her it was mine and she literally dropped her jaw and thought I was messing with her. Until I pulled out my helmet from the car and fired it up. She thought it was funny and said my son didn't have a chance. That I'd have him riding before he was 5(she's not wrong already got a 50 eyeballed). She was probably 70 and said her husband used to ride an indian when he was younger and alive.
Made me and the wifey's day.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave at the little ones....but i like sitting on the rear seat with my hands crossed ppl are just wtffffff hes gunna crash....humping the tank and slapping the tail is up my ally too... haha

Old 03-10-2007, 11:53 AM

My favorite is when you are riding next to old people and they look at you like you are going way way to fast and sit there and shake their head. So what I do is slow way way down so they are way ahead of me, and then start coming towards them again but put my feet way off the bike towards the rear, and pretty much lay on the seat so it looks like the bike is going way way fast and that its out of control. Its kinda like superman flying.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 AM

Ok........I sing in my helmet [&o]nothing like the acuostics of a closed helmet to bring out the lead singer of a rock band in us

Old 03-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator

I think old people are the worst drivers EVER! They just go wherever the hell they feel like going. They don't look...they just go. How many times have you seen an oldy pull straight out of a parking space without looking? This is totally "ageist", but old people drive me crazy (no pun intended). As for my riding habits, I am a huge brown-noser and always wave to cops.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I think old people are the worst drivers EVER! They just go wherever the hell they feel like going. They don't look...they just go. How many times have you seen an oldy pull straight out of a parking space without looking? This is totally "ageist", but old people drive me crazy (no pun intended). As for my riding habits, I am a huge brown-noser and always wave to cops.
My wife works with the aged, interviewed this old lady once, asked her where she lived etc, she told my wife that she lived on this busy road, so my wife said "Do you have trouble reversing out, when its so busy"? "No" she said, "I just count to 10 and then just back out"

Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM

When i see old ppl i zoom by them close as posible to their door and scare the living crap out of them.
SORRY IF THAT WAS YOUR GRAND MA!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM

promise wont doit again dont want to give us a bad REP.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

Ok........I sing in my helmet [&o]nothing like the acuostics of a closed helmet to bring out the lead singer of a rock band in us
I sneezed in my helmet once [&:]

Quick Reply: Old People