Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The old bait and switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The old bait and switch

So I see this commercial for Quiznos Sub the other day saying their large footlongs are $5 now, apparently in response to the Subway deal. Since Quiznos is way better than Subway IMHO I decide that today will be Quiznos Sub day so I scrounge $5 up for lunch plus $.65 for a can of pop.

I go to the Quiznos website for some reason and see that they only have 4 subs at that $5 price and the normal "classic" subs are $7. WTF???? They try and come up with a marketing gimmick to steal back customers then they only offer the price on a few items. I'm so glad I didn't go in and get charged $7. I would have been so pissed.

Looks like I either head to Subway or get the Sweet and Sour Chicken special at the chinese place today.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The old bait and switch

subway pwns

Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

subway pwns
Their sandwiches taste like a subway floor... Nasty

Quiznos! UUUHHHHH!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cG042nkReBA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aZrks-BPeLQ

Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 AM

I like quiznos more... but subway is always cheaper... thus better.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

So I see this commercial for Quiznos Sub the other day saying their large footlongs are $5 now, apparently in response to the Subway deal. Since Quiznos is way better than Subway IMHO I decide that today will be Quiznos Sub day so I scrounge $5 up for lunch plus $.65 for a can of pop.

I go to the Quiznos website for some reason and see that they only have 4 subs at that $5 price and the normal "classic" subs are $7. WTF???? They try and come up with a marketing gimmick to steal back customers then they only offer the price on a few items. I'm so glad I didn't go in and get charged $7. I would have been so pissed.

Looks like I either head to Subway or get the Sweet and Sour Chicken special at the chinese place today.
It's the same with subway, they only have select subs that are 5 dollars... What did you expect?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:18 AM

Subway pretty much had/has all their normal subs on sale. The double meat ones aren't of course, but they even have salads and stuff for $5.

Hell, from Quiznos I only wanted a classic italian. How fraking hard would it be to offer up a $1 sandwich for $5???

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quiznos had the Krispy Kreme effect on me. Awesome at first, but it gets old quick. I can't stand them anymore...too rich in taste.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

^^^Nail on the head about the, I call it "sweet." (richness)

Subway isn't bad, but you don't go in there expecting a real deli sub, either.

When I go to Subway I get aTurkey Wrap w/cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, jalapenos, spicy southwest sauce, salt and pepper extra vinegar and oil! I like that it's quick and not too bad for ya.

If I want a sammich I'm going to da deli.

That is messed up about that though, yeah Subway has a bettercampaign in that they offer more and the commercials aren't so misleading. I only went to Quiznos when I was in college, lol. (one on campus)

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM

We had the same thing happen last night. The sandwitch I get is $7.00 not $5.00. My mom did get a damn good one for $5.00 tho. I like Sheetz subs the best!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm opening up Voodoo's Sandwich Barn and Wiener Deli where girls can get a five dollar foot long, and you fellers can get my famouse Rib-Eye Sourdough Sammich...

Quick Reply: The old bait and switch