Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma Highway Patrol

I'm an Okla. boy and now the OHP that ride bikes are getting Busa's. Just thought it was pretty cool and I'd let you all know.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Default RE: Oklahoma Highway Patrol

welcome and I've seen pics of this, but really wasn't sure if it was true....as for cool....not so sure po po on busa's is cool, unless they begin to understand how hard it is not to ride fast and cut us some slack....personally i'd rather they be on mopeds.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM

Man i would like to say you guys in are screwed out there but they are cops that go from big slow hogs or bmw to busas. So just wait an there be a few that cant hanle the power and end up down busas are fast bad *** drag bikes, not the best handleing things in the world. I know riders that have ridden there whole lives pratcilly racing the whole deal and they say they cant even handle that bike at high speed in a turn and i am talking knee dragging bad as mothers. So pigs on busas bad idea

Old 06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

'nuff said

Old 06-14-2006, 01:09 PM

rrasco: http://www.pbase.com/wingman26/oklahoma_highway_patrol
wood83: If it makes it better they are sending all the officers that will ride the busa to a super bike riding school in Cali.
The article is in cycle world on the left hand page about 10-15 pages in.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:33 PM

That has got to be one of the dumbiest ideas I've ever heard.

I know several agencies that have custom bikes, and cars, that they use at special events like DARE and other public events. However, what benefit does the Busa provide over a common police bike? They don't handle as well. They don't provide the same type of ergonomics. Could you spend a 8 to 12 hour day sitting on one? For the equpiment that motor officers need, much of it has been standardized for the common platforms. Everything for the Busa will need to be custom made/fabricated.

I can't imagine how they sold this bill of goods to those in charge. The only thing a Busa would do better, is regarding a quicker respone time. However, even that benefit is probably something that is measurable in seconds, not minutes. I hate to say it, but you are probably going to see many officers involved in more wrecks using this type of bike.

As long as it is a voluntary thing for the motor officers, I don't care. If they try to force it on them, I would be upset as it exposes those officers to unnecessary risks.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:49 PM

I wonder what kind of helmets they will wear? It will look silly wearing that white half face on that bike. Anybody know?

Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM

wheelieit: if you go to yahoo.com and type in oklahoma highway patrol hayabuse theres a site named corner something and they have a pic of an officer wearing a fullface helmet with gold and a brownish color.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: wood83

Man i would like to say you guys in are screwed out there but they are cops that go from big slow hogs or bmw to busas. So just wait an there be a few that cant hanle the power and end up down busas are fast bad *** drag bikes, not the best handleing things in the world. I know riders that have ridden there whole lives pratcilly racing the whole deal and they say they cant even handle that bike at high speed in a turn and i am talking knee dragging bad as mothers. So pigs on busas bad idea
I don't know about the cops riding slow hogs cuz here in CA they aren't slow at all. CHP riders easily pass you up going 90+ and they have such control. They mainly ride BMWs, Kawasakis, and some old Harleys but not many. My friend saw one on a Honda. I think it might be a cross between the Gold Wing and an ST. Great that's all we need is Honda on Honda crimes.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:22 PM

Let's hope they don't get any Busa riding lessons from Big Ben! Or for the sake of the folks in the Sooner State, maybe they should call Ben?!?!?

Sorry, I know that is another thread but I had to say it.

OK, as you were...

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Highway Patrol