Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ok geniuses, the toilet's clogged...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok geniuses, the toilet's clogged...

hahahhaha
Mike, reach your hand in there and have some fun.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 AM

Oh man plunger is a no go that didn't work at all. All I did was splash water all over myself gyrating that plunger like crazy. I think he meant when the phone just fell in and was still in the bowl now that I read it when I'm awake. I think the styuls is well passed #25 in that picture and I do not see my hand navigating through there, the holes where the poopoo goes are kind of small. I'm so screwed. I should have brought a newspaper in there instead.

Mike

Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 AM

Take the toilet out and stick your hand up the bottom of it and see if its stuck at the ball.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 AM

Thought I would throw the question up on yahoo answers and here is a response I got....

"Unfortunately your stylus is not as soft and as "flexible" as the items originally intended to go down your toilet. If you have a typical toilet, then look at the side of it, near the back and bottom, you will see a zig zag bulge in the casting; That's the piping that the waste water flows through before it exits the base of the toilet.

I won't get into toilet design, but the bottom line is anything that is rigid and about an inch or two or longer is going to get caught in that. A plunger may work it free into the main pipe (which is 3 or 4 inches in diameter), but typically it won't have any effect.

This is very common in places where children throw toys into toilets and flush. I've had to do this repair many times and it simply involves shutting off the water, disconnecting the water line to the tank, flushing the water out of the tank and then removing the two bolts from bottom of the toilet to the retainer in the floor. Then the toilet is removed and the item is pushed or pulled out from where it is stuck.

As a minimum you will have to replace the wax ring between the toilet and the flange in the floor, but there are many other things that can go wrong with this process that would require additional repairs so just explain to your dad what happened in an honest and direct way. It may have been silly, but it was an accident and I'm sure you'll be more cautious in the future."

Old 05-12-2008, 07:34 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

explain to your dad what happened in an honest and direct way. It may have been silly, but it was an accident and I'm sure you'll be more cautious in the future."
HAHA he thinks your 10 years old

Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 AM

Take a wireless laptop in next time. Then you can search for your answers while finishing your buisness. Lol.

I'm still waiting for the person that thinks their MacGiver and has hooked up a garbage disposal in the pipe before the trap. Hypothetically speaking, would this work. Have I started a new trend? It could be called "the fecal masher".

Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

explain to your dad what happened in an honest and direct way. It may have been silly, but it was an accident and I'm sure you'll be more cautious in the future."
HAHA he thinks your 10 years old

lol I gosh darn near act like one!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry... but I can't stop laughing about this. This is absolutely hilarious!! You know... there should be a plumbing forum on here too. The guys suggestion about removing the toilet from the base is probably your best way of fixing this. You really don't want your stylus getting into the waste lines of the house and cause problems that would be much more expensive to repair. Those wax seals are cheap too.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 AM

about 6 months ago my 1 year old ran into the bathroom just as i was flushing taking a pee, and tossed a small rubber duck into the toilet as the water was going down. clogged the entire thing.....had to shut the water off, unhook the water line, flush the toilet to get the water out, pull the toilet up, take the toilet upside down and get it out by numerous means. it sucked. you have to be sure to replace the wax seal if you pull the toilet up.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM

This is good S**t right here LOL! Ok I think i might know a tool that will work. Have your evern seen one of thoes flexable grabing tooks with the little claw that pops out the end of it when you push the botton on the top? I have one and it may work? Try it out.

Quick Reply: Ok geniuses, the toilet's clogged...