Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

oh what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh what to do

So i was bored awhile ago and bought macbook with a bad logic board and purchased a used but working logic board to replace it with. When i went to go replace them there about 3 or 4 screws that would not come out. All of the ones that i managed to get out had loctite on them so i figured the ones that wouldnt come out were just really loctited in there. A couple people tried but no one could get them out so i got bored and decided to just resell them for what i paid. I sold the logic board on ebay and a few weeks after i sent it to the guy he said it didnt work and was dead on arrival and wants his money back. While id have no problem refunding his money if i sent him a bad logic board its just one of those things where you have no way of knowing if he did something to it and messed something up and is trying to rip me off and leave me with a bad mobo when i sent him a good one or if i truly sent him something that was DOA. I purchased it in working condition and it just sat in the packaging until i took it out to take pics of it to sell so i know i did nothing to it but i also didnt have the opportunity to test it myself to guarantee it was working when i sent it out. I bought it from a computer store on ebay that sells tons of them and it was guaranteed not to be DOA so i really dont think it was bad when i got it. Soooo am i the one thats sol here and do i just give the guy his money back and get stuck with a useless broken mobo or do i tell him to f off and let ebay decide on who is to blame? Im certainly not a ******** and want to help the guy out since i sold it to him but i know i did nothing wrong and did not break it and its such a delicate piece that theres no telling whether he did something or something happened during shipping so im in a pickle. Its also some guy in sweden so it had a long adventure. Sorry to write a novel i just want to make everything as explicit as possible to get the best advice.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

that sucks man. at the end of the day though, i think its probably on you if it was doa, and i have to think ebay would probably go his way, its kind of their standard way of doing it (kind of like when you rearend a car, no matter what, its technically your fault - you know what i mean). if you get it back, i'd test it, then i'd talk to the ebaystore you bought it from. explain your story to them and hopefully they'll work with you.

and that is the sh*tty thing, you'll never know. hell, it could have taken some real abuse during shipping and the guy could have legitemently gotten a DOA board.

thats a tough one man.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
August 2011 ROTM

umm if I were you, I will give him money back less shipping, and eat it. **** happens

Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM

yeah it just sucks cuz ill be out $400 for no reason so id really like to avoid that if i could. I contacted the ebay store i bought it from to see if theyd be willing to help in anyway but i highly doubt they will...never hurts to ask though. It sucks cuz im just past the date of being able to open up a case about it too. But having resold it i dont know if that would work anyway. Its just really frustrating since the littlest thing could damage the board and theres absolutely no way of knowing how it happened or whos fault it was since its not physical damage. So i dunno ill wait to see what the people i bought it from say.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:37 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Hopefully your seller can help you.

Next time if you are selling something delicate, include the insurance in shipping and have the buyer pay for it. If they really want to save few $ by not including the insurance, make sure they understand that you will not cover for the damage during the shipping. Most ebay sellers say they are not liable once the item leaves their place.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:35 PM

i did insure it but not for the full price it was worth because it was coming out of my pocket. Soo to claim the insurance do i have to prove that the item was damaged during shipping?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by nickp123
i did insure it but not for the full price it was worth because it was coming out of my pocket. Soo to claim the insurance do i have to prove that the item was damaged during shipping?
oohhh, Nick, you are too nice. lol Was box look damaged in any way? If not, try claiming that box got handled rough and sensitive computer got damaged. It might work.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:55 PM

haha i try my best to be but look where it gets me. I have no clue i asked the guy if hed be willing to take it to an apple store or other store to get it tested first and if he actually bought it for the right computer. I sent the ebay store a message and they said to contact them through the item i purchased and theyd "do their best to help" so maybe its a good sign but once i do that theyll probably just say theres nothing they can do anyway but its worth a shot.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
August 2011 ROTM

you just never know. they might give you money back, just never know.